David Ramsey to Appear in and Direct 5 Episodes Across the Arrowverse This Season

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Dec 1, 2020.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Caretaker and John Clark like this.
  2. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

It's Diggleverse now.

ToddKent and Ovation like this.
  3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

That is great!

I was not a big fan of how Arrow ended. Largely because of questions for the future of certain characters that were unclear we would ever get answers. That future based spinoff was doubt to even happen and if it does would not likely deal with Diggle. Here we go.

4. The Realist

The Realist Vice Admiral Admiral

That is very cool. Will be nice to see him again (on Superman & Lois and Supergirl anyway — doubt I’ll be watching the others). Diggle was always one of the best things about Arrow, the heart and conscience of the show.

Ketrick likes this.
  5. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Yes. After that tease in the Arrow finale, it'd be disappointing if he didn't.

Ketrick likes this.
  6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Do we know how much time would have passed in universe since the Arrow finale? I'm curious how much time would have passed for Diggle since he found the ring. Would he have had enough time to go to Oa and train, and become a full fledged GL?

7. Christopher

These shows have always been very inconsistent about the passage of time. One show can jump ahead months while the other has a string of consecutive episodes picking up immediately after each other, yet they'll still be in sync when the next crossover comes.

Besides, in the original comics, Hal Jordan operated on Earth as a GL for a fair while before he first learned about alien GLs and eventually Oa, and his first one or two visits to Oa were as a mental projection. And John Stewart was initially picked as an interim GL when Guy Gardner was injured, and pretty much started the job with no prior training. I think the idea that GLs have to go to Oa and train first is a later addition to the premise.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Pure speculation - we do already know Legends’ next season involves aliens. It’s possible his guest appearance on that show ties into the Alien origins of what John discovered.

9. ToddKent

ToddKent Captain Captain

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that's the most intriguing part.

11. Christopher

Parallel-Earth John Stewart?

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That would be my first thought, but this is Legends we're talking about, so there's no saying what they'll do.

13. KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I want Diggle to be Green Lantern, he deserves it after all these years of playing side kick to Ollie and after that Green Revelation in the Arrow series finale =D.

14. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Then they revealed that his father’s last name was Stewart (and the later tease of Jay Garrick asking Diggle where his ring was), I got giddey. I grew up with the DCAU, John Stewart was my green lantern. The ending of arrow made me jump out of my seat.

15. Christopher

Close. It was the Earth-90 Barry Allen (same actor, different doppelganger) who brought up the ring, and the introduction of Roy Stewart as Diggle's foster father came later.

Ketrick and Tuskin38 like this.
  16. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Darn it, I knew I'd get those two switched around.

17. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

It will be nice to see him on The Flash, although i'm betting it will just be a small cameo.

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

What makes you think it will just be a cameo? Nothing I saw in the article gave me that impression, and I would think if they're going to go to the trouble of making a big announcement like this, it's going to be more than just cameos.

19. Christopher

Sure. I assume it'll be as sizeable as the crossover guest roles usually are, e.g. Diggle's post-Crisis Flash appearance. It's not as if we don't have plenty of precedent for this sort of thing. We know how the Arrowverse handles cross-series guest spots, and it's usually fairly substantial.

20. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Bebo

ToddKent likes this.