Create a Trek show starring Bruce Willis.

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by Commander Richard, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Commander Richard

Commander Richard Yo! Man! Premium Member

The powers that be have commissioned a new Trek series and they've signed Bruce Willis to star. Now it's your job to pitch some ideas for this new show, so have at it. What will the show be about? When will it be set? What role will Bruce Willis play? Will it be episodic or serialized?

Tell us what a new Trek series starring Bruce Willis should look like.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  2. Khan 2.0

Khan 2.0 Commodore Commodore

MACO Special Force A-Team
    Enterprise era
    MACO team leader
    serialized

3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

How about merging it with Die Hard? John McClaine is frozen in stasis only to be awakened in the 24th century. His reactions to Trek's future would be Demolition Man x10.

And the Romulans have cloned Hans Gruber and made him their Praetor, or something.

SpocksOddSocks likes this.
  4. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Considering how bored Willis seems in all his more recent movies, if I had to cast him in Trek it would be as a Vulcan or a role specifically tailored to his special level of disinterest.

eschaton, Phil123 and ALF like this.
  5. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Set in the 24th century, Bruce Willis plays a former Starfleet Special Ops badass who has since been promoted to Admiral. Bored with his desk job and loathing the impending retirement. Admiral Willis learns of a plot involving the Dominion, Borg and someone new teaming up to raise hell for the Federation, which leads him to reassemble his team from his special ops day and take the fight to this evil alliance and save the Federation. Mostly episodic, but with each episode loosely connected to each other building up to Epic Finale.

6. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Willis, eh? I reckon he'd make a terrific evil admiral, but during the TNG-DS9-VOY era. Not sure where he'd fit in modern Trek, but I love Tosk's idea.

7. NewHeavensNewEarth

NewHeavensNewEarth Commodore Commodore

Willis has a rollercoaster of an adventure until he decides to take a bath, shorts out his mobile emitter, and realizes original Bruce died awhile ago. Naomi Wildman then delivers the familiar line.

8. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Bruce Willis voices a grumpy robot who travels with the his friend the laughing Vulcan as they explore the magical land of a weird and unique alien planet. On this world both humanoid and plants are both alike. They have to save it from Ferengi who want to strip mine it for resources they can make profit from. I am thinking a Pixar level cartoon movie.

Jason

9. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Willis as a "maverick captain" who "does things his own way."

10. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wouldn't it be better if he played by the rules and followed procedure?

Jason

11. Ralphis

Ralphis Captain Captain

Star Trek: Bruno. Circa 2382. Part serialized, part episodic.

Willis reprises his role as Bruno Radolini, a legendary blues singer from Earth's mid-20th Century (well, a holographic version of him). Crew members of a Starfleet vessel or space station often go to the holodeck to watch Bruno perform. In between performances, Bruno will exchange friendly banter with some of the crew, but will also give them advice and insight. Basically Vic Vontaine, just played by Willis.

I started this post as a joke, but now I kind of want to see this! At least a Short Trek version of this!

amp likes this.
  12. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Something to satisfy two threads: Bruce Willis kills the crew of Archer's Enterprise.

13. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A walking stack of books?
    Except for Archer's dog, who Willis renames "Porthole."

14. Phil123

Phil123 Commander Red Shirt

Bruce has a comedic side, or at least he used to.

So I would do a "Lower Decks" type thing, where is a bumbling but nice scientist who, for reasons (maybe bridge science officer killed), is transferred / promoted to bridge duty and has to step up to the plate.

Not neurotic like Barclay, just a quiet guy who likes to keep to himself and is a little awkward. I think the only way to do Trek with him would be if he played totally against type.

15. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

If we could have that Willis back again, I'd have it be set some time around Star Trek First Contact, and cast him as Lt. Hawk's brother, Hudson. ;)

16. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They did this in TNG. It was called "Starship Mine".

Khan 2.0 and Nerys Myk like this.
  17. amp

amp Commander Red Shirt

Perhaps Joe Piscopo could open for him.

18. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

Captain David Dunn has a secret ... he ages very very very slowly.