Crazy Thought

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Finn, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

I've been watching the first few episodes of Voyager's season four and I just finished Scientific Method. I had a crazy thought when B'Elanna and Tom talked about how their love could have started due to the alien experiments. She mentioned they had no idea how long the aliens were aboard.

What if Kes' situtation was brought on by those aliens. Scientific Method takes place about two months after Seven was freed from the collective.

Surely Kes would have been of interest early on. They never concluded what started Kes' transformation.

The Year of Hell took place right after this. That may mean those aliens were in a less advanced state in the timeline of Before and After. Those aliens would be fairly close to Kremin Space. Annorax must have done something to the timeline that helped those aliens become more advanced to the point they could do such experiments on unsuspecting ships.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

#401 Scorpion... Voyager towed at transwarp speeds by the Borg who would have noticed tugging additional weight and Voyager also leaves the Universe. It's unlikely that the Scientists cloak would have worked flawlessly in Fluidic space if they had never seen fluidic space before.

#402 The Gift... Kes was melting the ship. If they were experimenting on her, they would have stopped what they were doing to her as she was a danger to their ships moored to Voyagers hull. Plus Kes now had super telepathy and would have noticed them walking about, and the leap of ten thousand light years would have been fucked up if Voyager weighed three times as much as it should of when kes was intuitiving how to fling them Earthward... If three scientist ships were moored to the hull, they would now be 10 years from home minimum and fucked. Also that might mean if those ships where not stuck to the hull Kes would have thrown Voyager 30 thousand light years and not just 10.

#403 Day of Honor... Voyager was raped by Space Pirates. Took it's core. This again would have been call for the aliens attached to Voyagers hull to cut their losses if this ship no longer had a viable life support system for their experiments.

#404 Nemesis... These aliens would not accept the competition of another group of mad scientists experimenting on their experiments as it would ruin their controls and actives, unless this was them? they weren't obviously but with forethought behind the scenes from the producers it would have been a good fit for a little foreshadowing.

#405 Revulsion... Janeway promoted Tuvok despite what happened in Prime Factors. Some invisible alien scientist had obviously slipped heroin into her coffee.

#406 The Raven... Voyager invaded alien territory against the express instructions of a powerful militant defensive force to get Seven back from her vision quest. How sure were the Scientists really about their cloak that they would let Voyager drag their species into a war too? But the dreams causing Anika to follow the signal from the Raven could definitely be the Scientists experimenting on Sevens brain making it more attuned and receptive.

#407 Scientific Method... Zero hour.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  3. Finn

^Voyager itself seemed okay during Nemesis. I think they could have been aboard during Day of Honor (the ship's life support didn't seem to be in danger and it could have been ripe for certain stress issues) and they could have been aboard of those refugee ships. But I did remember what Kes was doing to the ship during The Gift. Not to mention the 10 year jump. Never mind.

4. Guy Gardener

It was a good idea easy to champion or poo poo, which is what debate is all about, to poo poo an idea, then poo poo the poo poo, then back and forth poo poop on top of poo poo till you've built up an exciting volley of poo poos and counter poo poos and counter counter poo poos till there nothing but blur of streaking poo poos from one side of the room to the other.

5. Finn

That's it! They should have given Tuvok violent diarrhea!

6. Guy Gardener

Vulcan's shit three times harder and faster than Human being because they're used to a heavier gravity.

Would they bother making his toilet with antigravity netting woven into the bowl or just be done with half measures and use metal?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  7. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Kes' situation was brought on owing to her studies with Tuvok. It's all his fault.

[​IMG]

8. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I thought her situation was brought on by the writers that wanted the show to get higher ratings?:devil:

9. Guy Gardener

Before and After happened where Kes studied her ass off with Tuvok aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalnight long but she died of old age on Voyager without turning into Dark Phoenix.

I've always assumed that she subliminally learnt too much from her contact with 8472 during Scorpion 1 and Scorpion 2.

HA!

If the nano virus didn't work and Voyager was still hip deep in the Borg/8472 war just days later when Kes' abilities bloomed into an ecological shit storm... 1st of all, Kes would be blasting 8472 ships successfully with her mind until they blinked, punked and scarpered. Then second, if Ocampa are the WMD dejour... How long till the Borg have moved through the Kazon picket defending their occupation of Ocampa, craked open Caretakers force field and assimilated the Ocampa entirely?

An hour, possibly 2?