Crash: "Arteries" 10/17 - Grading & Discussion (Starz)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Aragorn, Oct 18, 2008.

?

Grading

1. Excellent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Above average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Below average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

See the first two episodes online at starz.com/crash

This drama, developed by Lionsgate for Starz, is a small screen version of the Paul Haggis helmed feature about race relations in LA.

Axel begins an investigation into a murder of a Korean man; Christine's father gets sick at her 40th birthday party and talks him into staying at there house, much to Peter's dismay.

Anyone going to watch this? I don't have Starz, so unless they post all the episodes online (they already have next week's up), I won't be. It's sort of like the movie, only with brand new characters and situations. Dennis Hopper has top billing in a cast that's mostly unknowns (the actress who played the daughter on Coach, the future Mr. Jennifer Love Hewitt) and guest stars (D.B. Sweeney).

If nothing else, Moran Atias is hot:

[​IMG]

2. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Did anyone actually watch this? I hate the movie, so I'm kind of curious to see how the show turned out... but, of course, I don't want to actually watch it. :lol:

3. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

I watched the pilot online and will probably watch the second episode too. Basically it's like the movie with completely nonrelated storylines weaving in and out with one another. Characters make racist comments (like a Lebanese cop remarking how slow Asian drivers are), but it's mainly just about people in general and not about hitting you over the head about racism. And the characters are all new.

The reviews have been bad.

4. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Is it as contrived and disingenuous as the film?

5. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

IGN's TV podcast said it had naked people and swearing for the sake of having naked people and swearing. Ah, good times.