Could Krim do anything to discipline Day for witholding information in "The Siege"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by WesleysDisciple, Oct 13, 2020.

1. WesleysDisciple

WesleysDisciple Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Might be h ard to do for actions taken in a illegal coup?

Probaly irrelevvant since Day was probaly executed for murdering lii nalas.

2. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

Krim himself thought he'd get a slap on the wrist. If he did get his resignation handed for him to sign, he would probably first make sure his underling Day got consequences as well, in a legally binding way.

But Krim isn't about to discipline Day, he's merely posturing so that he could claim he didn't know about the Cardassian connection. In order to make that bit of deniability stick, Krim would have to utterly discredit and preferably silence Day afterwards. And pretending that Day murdered Li is a good way to do that, I guess (even though it was just an accident in a firefight where Day tried to gun down an enemy of the state).

Timo Saloniemi

3. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

Even if he wasn't punished legally, they just need to turn him loose in any place where people know who he is. Remember Marritza in "Duet"? I doubt the man who murdered the legendary Li Nalas would get off any easier.

A quick thrust of an angry Bajoran's blade, and justice is served.

Mr. Laser Beam likes this.
  4. WesleysDisciple

WesleysDisciple Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

if he survives its an informal exile.

5. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

I suspect Krim would be forced to resign and probably retire to a quiet province and stay out of the way of politics for a while. Day would be kicked out of the Militia and I suspect he’d have to soon leave Bajor (since he killed their national hero), I could see him going to the DMZ and ultimately joining the Maquis when it formed.

6. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

Until they find out who he is, and betray him to the Cardies.

7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why would the Maquis do that?

8. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

Because it's about the worst fate imaginable.