Collecting Dark Knight Autographs - Anyone Else?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Frontier, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm an autograph hound, as some of you may know, and while I've seen a few Dark Knight autographs from reputable dealers I trust and have dealt with before, they're really too expensive. I don't like to pay more than $60 or so for any one autograph. I've done so on occasion, like with Arnold Schwarzenegger Terminator 2, and such, but it's just too much money in most cases.

So I'm going to try something I haven't done since I was a kid: fan mail.

Unlike then, I'm much more saavy about it now. No simple letter asking for an autograph. I'm getting my photos printed up, will include a self addressed and postage-clad envelope, and such. The odds of getting something back increase ten fold or so by doing this, as all the individual has to do is a 10-second john hancock. Without such, you're asking them to foot the bill for the photo, envelope, and postage, and if they did that for every letter they got it would get expensive. True, it would only be a few dollars per autograph, and they make millions, but... nit picky. You're asking them for a favor already, better not to ask for a lot. Heh.

Just got some great photos ordered. Gordon in the swat outfit. Nolan directing the Joker IMAX scene and directing the Bank scene. Eckhart in his office, and with the coin and the gun to that guys head. Could not find a single good picture of Michael Caine by himself. Only him with Bale. But that will work. Gordon with the bat signal. Lots of good stuff. Also printed up 2 or 3 begins photos - Liam Neeson and Rutger Hauer.

I already have a few Begins/TDK autographs.

• Bale as Bruce in training with the League of Shadows from Begins
    • Bale as Batman in the first TDK publicity still of him in the new suit
    • Caine as Alfred with a tray of tea from Begins
    • Cillian Murphy / Kate Holmes duo shot during the "where we make the medicine" scene.
    • Maggie Gyllenhaal in red dress at dinner, and in Lau interogation scene
    • Tom Wilkinson in the booth with gun as Falcone
    • Ltd. Edition Score signed by Zimmer and Newton-Howard
    • Watanabe as Ra's Ah Ghul (signed in Japanese)
    Anyone else collecting TDK (and/or Begins) autographs?

Anyone have any good confirmed addresses for any of them?

2. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

While I collect autographs, too, I prefer to get 'em in person.

Good luck with your new project, though. Hope ya have fun & it pans out for ya.

3. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

Odds of me meeting anyone from TDK is so scarce, lol... :lol: