Chekovs Trek VI

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by Khan 2.0, May 18, 2020.

1. Khan 2.0

Khan 2.0 Commodore Commodore

in TM.coms interview Walter talks alittle about his Trek VI script but seems to state it will be included in his updated autobio..
    have always been very curious about his Trek VI pitch and the way it killed off the crew except Spock & Bones and can remember how the press mustve got a hold of it as at the time were saying everyone will die in VI (can even remember a newspaper cartoon of it)

-just googled it and found this and it does sound like itd have made a great final Trek film ( or had there been a Trek VII instead of Generations)
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.arts.startrek/JdC1Dld-vpM

Last edited: May 18, 2020
    KennyB and Ar-Pharazon like this.
  2. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Maybe Spock & McCoy ended up stranded together somewhere, driving each other crazy for the rest of their lives.

Khan 2.0 likes this.
  3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

It was called In Flanders' Fields. It may have been interesting (I saw Blakes 7 finale for the first time ever about a year ago and I'm still not over it) but I can't imagine the fanbase who raged at killing Spock, at blowing up the Enterprise, at daring to maybe recast the characters in a prequel movie in 1991 being happy with wholesale slaughter of the senior staff:lol:

EDIT: This is the first I've heard they planned to bring Nichelle Nichols back for a Short Trek! Shame that never came to pass (presumably due to her deteriorating health)

Ar-Pharazon and Khan 2.0 like this.
  4. Khan 2.0

Khan 2.0 Commodore Commodore

Yes apparently it was supposed to feature Picard with Uhura and eventually led to the Picard show

5. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Picard meeting Uhura? Very strange.

6. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

Glad it did not happen, that just seems forced..........

7. Soong-type Android

Soong-type Android Captain Captain

Would also say the same with "Star Trek: The First Adventure". TUC was far better than either idea.

8. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I believe it was an apartment in New York

Ar-Pharazon likes this.
  9. JonnyQuest037

JonnyQuest037 Vice Admiral Admiral

"On November 13, Leonard McCoy was asked to remove himself from his place of residence. That request came from his wife. Deep down, he knew she was right, but he also knew that someday, he would return to her. With nowhere else to go, he appeared at the home of his old shipmate, Mr. Spock. Sometime earlier, Spock's wife had thrown him out, requesting that he never return. Can two divorced Starfleet officers share an apartment without driving each other crazy?"