News Changing of the Guard

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by B.J., Jun 21, 2017.

1. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I almost missed the announcement, but apparently we have a new Mod in the Art Forum!
    https://www.trekbbs.com/threads/new-moderator.288405/

Welcome, M! (How do we tag you? Your name is too short to trigger the "@" system!)

@Ptrope will be missed as a mod, and I hope he'll still be able to come around on occasion.

2. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Hi! :cool:

Thanks for opening this thread, @B.J. I was thinking about a way to say “Hello” to the forum, but didn't want to start a thread. I'm bummed, too, that @Ptrope won't be able to moderate this forum anymore. Personally, I can't remember a time when he wasn't the mod in Trek Art. He's been an institution around the board and I hope he'll stick his head in from time to time.

That said, I hope I'll be able to fill his big shoes and keep this place the fun little corner it has been for you guys for such a long time. @Ptrope has set a welcoming tone of open participation, empathetic artistic encouragement and constructive criticism – and I certainly plan to continue to do so. Please don't hesitate to let me know if I can help with something or if you have an idea to make this place even more fun and interesting.

This mod thing came as kind of a surprise to me, so I hope you'll bear with me while I get the hang of it. Again, if you have a question, just PM me. (Tagging my nickname is possible with this code [USER=8221]M[/USER], but it's kind of inconvenient. :lol:)

Markonian, B.J. and Sibyl like this.
  3. BorgMan

BorgMan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I do hope everything is alright with Ptrope. It has to be said though that I'm glad we've got a new mod in here; Ptrope's absence was felt pretty bad. You can start by pinning the correct contest thread; I mean, I don't mind having mine up there but credit where it's due right? :biggrin:

4. Michael

In an effort to make the top of the forum less cluttered I already went ahead and unpinned some of the threads. I think yours was among them. Just pinned the current contest thread. :)

While we are at it, what's the consensus on the other pinned threads? Do you think we can let go some of them? Or maybe combine some of the content into an updated, more easily readable thread? I'm open for suggestions.

5. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've often thought we had way too many pinned threads (more than any other subforum), so thank you! Personally, I'd lose the "3D Software?" thread since the information in it is way out of date, and current info changes quickly. The FAQ (if you wanted to keep it) could use an overhaul too, or replace it with a fresh thread.

6. Santaman

Santaman Vice Admiral Admiral

Well then! Welcome to the new Mod! I hope you will enjoy your time here, of course demands will follow, I'll be a fair yet corrupt negotiator, bribes are acceptable, booze or gold are preferable.. :biggrin:

7. Starscape

Starscape Commodore Fan Art Challenge Winner

I'll always be grateful to Ptrope for how welcoming and encouraging he was when I first posted some art in this forum, way-back-when. So, thanks to Ptrope for keeping a firendly eye on this forum over the years and hosting all those many art challenge voting threads. Hope we'll still see you around the forum occasionally. :bolian:

Welcome and congrats to our new moderator M, I'm sure you'll do a fine job. :D

Sibyl likes this.
  8. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

That's what you get for being enigmatic. Hey, that's it, you could be @theeningmaticM!

All hail theenigmaticM, our new overlord!

Sibyl likes this.
  9. Michael

Unfortunately, 3D modeling is not really my métier, so I wasn't sure if the information was still relevant. I just unpinned it. :techman:

Yeah, that's something to think about. I do think the FAQ is a sensible thing for new users. Maybe some of the information about which 3D software to use can be incorporated into the text …

Haha, will have to keep that in mind. *slides large glass of beer over the table* :beer:

Just might have to request a name change … :lol:

Thanks for the kind words you guys!

10. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Congrats on the Promotion :)

Michael likes this.
  11. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Welcome!

Michael likes this.
  12. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

It won't be the same without Ptrope minding the store, thanks for all the hard work over the years dude!

And a big "welcome" to our new mod, M!

Michael likes this.
  13. Bernard Guignard

Bernard Guignard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

welcome aboard :)

Michael likes this.
  14. Cyfa

Cyfa Commodore Commodore

I'm sorry to see Ptrope go, but a very big welcome to you, M!

Michael likes this.
  15. Sibyl

Sibyl Caffeine Pill Popper Rear Admiral

I didn't know Ptrope, but I knew of him from over a decade ago when I first joined, if memory serves. Thank you for your service.

I hate to say "welcome" to M, since I'm kinda new here, and almost completely unknown in these parts, but I look forward to working with them in charge in this section. :)

16. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

Welcome aboard M! Glad to have you as our new Grand Poohbah!
    I have some contact w/Ptrope in real life, and it's been the demands of that dreaded r.l. that have led to him stepping down.

Michael and Sibyl like this.
  17. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Seconded.

Michael likes this.