Cavit First Officer?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Trekboy1993, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Trekboy1993

Trekboy1993 Lieutenant Red Shirt

In Voyager "Imperfection" Seven reads off the casualty list of Voyager. One of the names is a Commander Bartlett. In fact he or she is the highest ranking Officer followed by 2 LT. Commanders (McGarry and Zeigler). There is no mention of Cavit or Lt.Stadi on that list. And I'm guessing One of the 2 LCDR is the original doctor. But what would a full Commander be doing on Voyager he couldn't be a Department head with a ship of that size. I'm betting one of the LCDR was also the dead Chief Engineer seeing as Lt. Carey was a LT and second in command. All of it's confusing to me

2. Tim Thomason

Tim Thomason Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, they were all joke names (referencing The West Wing), but it's possible that Commander Bartlett was the Chief Engineer, his high rank due to the fact that it was such a technologically advanced ship, and he presumably was out of the chain of command. That is really the only position I can see a Commander holding.

Unless he was the ship's counselor.

3. Trekboy1993

Janeway said the initial mission didn't call for a Counselor though

Tim Thomason likes this.
  4. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I may be remembering wrong but I thought the casualty list she was reading was people who died after arriving in the DQ.

5. Trekboy1993

Cavit, Stadi, the original CMO, Nurse, Chief Engineer all perished when they crossed into the DQ some prob seconds in

6. Prax

Prax Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He was an intelligence liaison officer that was working with Janeway on the Maquis operation. In fact, we have him to thank for planting the seed in Kathryn's mind to seek out Tom Paris. On that fateful day, Bartlett was sitting in his office, enjoying a double Latte... Then it happened.

The console on the wall just behind his head exploded, spewing out rocks and debris, wounding the man. The crew might have saved him...if they'd known he was in there, but alas, his injuries proved fatal.

"The Fate of Commander Bartlett"
    Written by: Prax, of TrekBBS

F. King Daniel likes this.
  7. Refuge

Refuge Vice Admiral Admiral

^:lol: It's the fate you deserve for putting too much milk in your coffee.

Prax likes this.
  8. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I must admit I'm surprised to see the word "intelligence" in any thread involving Cavit. :lol:

"Oh, look! We're under attack! Now what's the most dumbass thing I could possibly be doing right now...wait, I got it! I'd better start RUNNING ACROSS THE BRIDGE!" :rolleyes:

Cavit must be a graduate of the Ellen Landry School Of Getting Yourself Killed.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  9. Prax

Prax Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Laundry makes Cavit look like a stud, even though he looks more like square.

10. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

For a ship that launched with 141 (plus Paris) crew the number of Commanders and Lieutenant Commanders onboard was a little startling.