Carole & Tuesday (anime series)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Janeway’s Girl, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Two teenage girls bond over their love of music and try to make their dreams come true despite living on Mars, where the use of AI dominates the music industry. The music is catchy and beautiful. The first 12 episodes are on Netflix. I’m not sure when the second half comes out. Hopefully soon. Unless you watch the subbed version or speak Japanese.

Skipper likes this.
  2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd have much preferred a series about Carole skateboarding dangerously through Alba City traffic. Her board is so cool. Google says that this series has elements similar to Cowboy Beebop, which can indicate they might be in a shared universe.

3. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

IIRC Mars in Cowboy Bebop was basically Space Hong Kong.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hong Kong changed after the British left in 1997.

It doesn't seem like they are expressing any overt political buoyancy about the current issues between Hong Kong and China, although Carole talked a little about being in a refugee camp on earth.

I think they said that terraforming on Mars only finished 50 years ago, so maybe this is a Cowboy beebop prequel? Although google says that Cowboy Beebop was set in 2071. So I'm not think that Teusday is going to give birth to Spike in the final episode, anymore.