Cardassian Union Search.

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by GulDukat, May 5, 2009.

1. GulDukat

GulDukat Ensign Newbie

Are there any Role-Playing sites that offer the ability to play Cardassians in some depth? From what I see it is mostly Federation Fleet Simulations. I find Cardassian view-points to be more appealing than other species.

Thanks.

2. Thor Damar

Thor Damar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thor Damar, God of thunder and monologue..
    I really can't say, but then I don't use the role playing games. You can play as the Cardassian Union in Amanda 2 (the skirmish option, there are no Cardassian missions, alas:().
    In all the other games you play againist the Cardassians as they are the 'bad guys' unfortunately.

And welcome to the board GulDukat!
    (I never though that I would ever say that!);)

3. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I'm afraid that games based on groups other than the Federation do very poorly. I'm not saying that there aren't out there, but they're very hard to find and they can be frustrating from a Game Masters perspective to keep online and active - leading to them being uncommon and very short lived. I have seen a few out there but, as I said, there are very few that last very long. I tried to develop one - set on a Nor Class Starbase not long after the Dominion War - but after a year only a handful of players had joined. We ended up merging the game with my Enterprise series.

If you would be interested my Enterprise game is looking for someone to play a Cardassian Liaison Officer...

4. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

Awww...too bad to hear we Cardassians aren't well-represented in the RPG world. Damn those Feddies and Klingers... :p

(Seriously, though--welcome! It's always good to have another member of the Cardassian gang here! And if you like fanfics, I can at least show you some Cardassian-based fanfics I'm working on... ;) )

5. Thor Damar

Cardassian gang, Cool!:cool:
    Do we get our own colours and stuff?
    (as you can see I'm in my human disguise at the moment:shifty:)

6. GulDukat

GulDukat Ensign Newbie

That is a shame, however; it is the same result I have had. Thanks for the warm welcome though. Probably lack of interest from Cardassia becoming a 3rd rate power after the Dominion War if that. Still though, Cardassians are my favor species created in the Star Trek area.

7. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I just did some searches and found the site I'd created for the game (forgot to close it). I guess in a few weeks it'll be taken into cybernetic oblivion...

For Cardassia!

8. Nerys Ghemor

LOL, well, if you look at my User Profile, you can see my true form. ;)

And GulDukat...I've always thought the Cardassian Union STILL had potential, even after the Dominion War. Maybe it's not warmaking potential...but as a society, what a chance they have to pull together and show the galaxy that it's possible to have a freer society yet NOT bow to Federation values.

9. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I'm afraid a lot of media are moving toward Cardassia joining the Federation eventually. I recall reading that there were discussions about making the Cardassians Federation members in the timeline of Star Trek Online.

10. GulDukat

GulDukat Ensign Newbie

Are you serious? That would be worse than being exterminated! Cardassian Culture integrated with the Federation. Figures though were no better than Betaziods now. Its a sad day for Cardassia if this happens. It will prove that Cardassia is truly over.

11. Thor Damar

Hear,Hear!:bolian:

12. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Never know...

13. Nerys Ghemor

Amen and amen.

RESIST TODAY! RESIST TOMORROW!

14. Thor Damar

RESIST UNTIL EVERY LAST OCCUPIER HAS BEEN DRIVEN FROM OUR SOIL!

15. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Unless they voluntarily join...

Perhaps someone here knows for sure: I was reading online that, as part of the armistice ending the Dominion War, the Cardassian military was to be significantly reduced to the point of disbanding. Does anyone know if this is true?

16. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Unless they voluntarily join...

Perhaps someone here knows for sure: I was reading online that, as part of the armistice ending the Dominion War, the Cardassian military was to be significantly reduced to the point of disbanding. Does anyone know if this is true?

17. Nerys Ghemor

If it is--that's horrible!

Punishing officers that committed war crimes...that I'll go with. But leaving the Union defenseless?

NO. Just NO.

18. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's correct. In the 2386 and 2387 history updates for the game they mentioned that the Cardassians signed a treaty with the Federation that they would disband their military forces and Starfleet would then be responsible for defending the Union from invasion and attack. Their entire military isn't gone, they retain a small defence force.

I've c&p the relevant sections:

2386: In addition to working to curb the rising hostilities between the Klingons and the Gorn, Federation diplomats are hard at work crafting a new pact between the Federation and the Cardassians. On Stardate 63976.74, the Cardassians sign a new treaty, in which they agree not to field a military or wage war. In exchange, the Federation agrees to provide aid to rebuild Cardassian cities and protection in the event of an invasion of Cardassian space. In response to the landmark agreement, the Bajoran coalition drops its request to prosecute Cardassians for war crimes. Many among the Bajorans and Cardassians hope that someday relations between them will be normalized.

2387: Starfleet sends a fleet to Cardassia Prime to assist the Cardassians with the dismantling of their military, a process which is expected to take several years. The Cardassians plan to use a much smaller self defense force to patrol their space, and coordinate with Starfleet for issues outside of their borders.

19. Nerys Ghemor

Icko.

There was a time I'd actually considered getting that game, but now--HELL NO.

20. Thor Damar

That was exactly my reaction as well, especially considering that Gul Macet has just been turned into Dukat MK II:klingon: