Call of Duty: WW II Played out

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Lookingglassman, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

In a nutshell, the game is boring. I know, I know people loved that COD went back to WW II, but I see nothing special about it. I loved the COD games based on the future because they were new stories, this new COD is nothing special. The levels are long, but often times boring in places with long cut scenes or you have to walk and do certain tasks before the action starts.

The World War II genre is played out and should of been left behind long ago. If COD wants to do something different make a game set in the Korean War, do another Vietnam Game having the player fight in some of the major battles that happened there.

The COD WWII game is not really enjoyable and not worth buying it.

2. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Yeah that's pretty much in line with most reviews as well, it's not terrible, just flat. Haven't had time to play yet myself, but I'm certainly looking forward to playing online with my buddy again - it's been a while.

3. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I watched some YT vids of this game and i thought i was looking at a remaster of COD World at War.

4. Lookingglassman

Yeah, not worth it. They tried to throw in some different things like if you rescue another soldier you get a prize and others in your squad carry ammo and grenade refills for you, but overall this game is a big disappointment. I know folks hated the future CODs, but I loved them because they were more exciting. World War II is just blah because it is pretty much set in stone.You can't do too much different things with it since it is already history. The only way this game would be interesting if it was an alternate World War II scenario. If you want it for multi player wait until you can get a used copy cheap.

5. Lakenheath 72

Lakenheath 72 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Problem with WW II video games is that they are set largely in Western Europe. Occasionally, they might venture to North Africa or to the Eastern Front. Very rarely, do they ever travel to the Pacific and never it seems to China or southeast Asia (Burma-India). It is untapped potential.

I heard a reviewer speak of other possible conflicts - the Korean War of the 1950s or the Vietnam War.

A big problem with the game is that they had the main player doing things an infantrymen of the time would not have done, like the missions for British Intelligence. BI had its own agents, specially trained by them.

I hated the P-47 Thunderbolt mission. First, by that time, the Luftwaffe was broken and more bombers were getting through. There would not have been the massacre as depicted in the game in late 1944. Second, the controls were wonky.

6. Lookingglassman

I thought the same thing also wondering why American Infantry were working with British Intelligence. I haven't even gotten to the P-47 mission yet. I am still stuck in trying to get that little girl out of the basement past the nazis. That whole thing is turning me off and I pretty much have stopped playing it.

7. Jetboogieman

Jetboogieman Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

If I were a betting man, I would speculate the next COD will be Vietnam.

8. Lookingglassman

That would be great. I would buy it.

9. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Admiral

Well.. i didn't have problems with historical or tactical inaccuracies in the game. It is an action game after all and not a historical simulation.

I liked that they tried to mix the game up sometimes, switching between kill 'em all and sneak missions and even one air combat mission (which i agree was more frustrating at first than enjoyable, was glad when it was over).

I haven't played a CoD game since Modern Warfare 2 i think but back then i really liked the action aspect that was like a Michael Bay movie with me in it but this one was just more of the same (even though it was well done graphically).

I'm not playing multiplayer shooter games (honestly i'm past 40 and really can't and won't keep up with teenagers whi have more than half a day at least to play this) so that part is uninteresting to me. Who likes these games go for it.. everyone else should wait a year or so and then pick it up at a Steam sale or bargain bin.