Caithlin Dar interview

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by Khan 2.0, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Khan 2.0

Khan 2.0 Commodore Commodore

2. Dukhat

Dukhat Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I always thought that her lines were dubbed; now she confirmed that. Although I thought they were dubbed by someone else, not her.

3. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Commodore Commodore

I always thought she was just a bad actress with horrible delivery. I guess there's an excuse.

JonnyQuest037 likes this.
  4. Dukhat

Dukhat Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In her defense, there was a lot of horrible acting in that movie, not just from her.

2takesfrakes likes this.
  5. Kor

Kor Admiral Admiral

I thought she actually wasn't even an experienced actress at all, but a TV news reporter.

Kor

6. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Commodore Commodore

7. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[​IMG]
    Cynthia Gouw was COOL ...!!

Cutie McWhiskers likes this.
  8. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I remember her from Star Search....but looks like the only one who had any success was Sinbad...

9. Cutie McWhiskers

Cutie McWhiskers Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

:luvlove::luvlove::luvlove:

2takesfrakes and Ar-Pharazon like this.
  10. Tosk

Tosk Vice Admiral Admiral

The ADR confirmation is interesting, but I doubt the story that it was due to a technical error. (Especially as Shatner directed her to perform differently the second time.) Were they sparing her feelings maybe?

Also interesting to hear she was up against Tomita and Lewis. (Clearly the casting notes said, "Gorgeous asian woman") ...would have liked to Tomita in the role, but I guess with all else being the same she'd potentially have been hamstrung by the same things that made Gouw so..."just okay" in the finished film.

11. alensatemybuick1

alensatemybuick1 Captain Captain

Always thought she was lovely. Her acting never esp. bothered me, certainly her delivery was no worse than say Robin Curtis' in TSFS. The fact that she re-dubbed her lines is a surprise, guess I'll have to pay more attention next time I watch TFF.

A couple years ago I called a guy names Mark Busacca who runs an art gallery in San Francisco - he was offering (and may well still have it, the price was $100K!) the original artwork from David Kimble that was used for the famous cutaway Enterprise poster from 1979. He seemed particularly proud to tell me that he dated Gouw in the late 80s - what a name dropper!

12. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

She's going to be at the Official Star Trek Convention in Las Vegas, August 1st-5th, doing autographs and photos. Her website says it's the first time she's done a Trek convention. :)