Buffy the Vampire Slayer Remake... Without Joss

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Hermiod, May 26, 2009.

1. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Dumbest idea ever.

This makes me hate humans.

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Whoever came up with this idea should go back and watch what the Kuzuis came up with the last time they tried to do a Buffy movie.

3. Thrall

Thrall Commodore Commodore

Without Joss honestly would be the only way Sarah Michelle Gellar would ever get involved with The Buffyverse again. Ironically enough.

4. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

These people are obviously idiots.

5. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

What is Gellar doing these days? Didn't some fans thing she would be a huge movie star once the show ended?:rommie:

Looks like Boreanaz is doing Bones. Glad he has been busy.

6. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

It does remind me of Kevin McClory's endless attempts to remake Thunderball.

7. Skywalker

Personally, I'd rather see something about anyone but Buffy (which is never going to happen). Buffy was my least favorite of the main characters, in either show.

8. Thrall

Thrall Commodore Commodore

She's got a new show on HBO in the works.

What's Whedon been doing these days? Dollhouse? Ugh. Wasn't he supposed to be what JJ Abrams is now?

9. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's too bad Whedon doesn't have a little more control over his universe. If this is actually getting off the ground, I expect an utter train wreck.

10. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

I'll only see this if they bring Paul Reubans back as a vampire.

11. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

They obviously want to jump on the post-Twilight vampire fashion. And this would be a guaranteed bomb, as Twilight fans won't like it without Edward Cullen etc, and Buffy fans won't like it cos of no Joss and none of the Scoobies...

12. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I'd like to see Joss Whedon's take on this. I might be interesting to see where a reboot/remake might go, but it seems a bit soon for that, and pointless while there's still an official in continuity story going on.

13. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

This is not your big brother's Vampire Slayer........

Buffy: I will not allow you to lecture me.
    Giles: Then why don't you stop me?

14. Hicks

Hicks Captain Captain

Horrible, horrible idea. If this was being spear-headed by Joss, I'd feel completely different.

15. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Yeah....no way in hell.

16. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

:wtf:
    This sounds awesome... ly shit

QFT

If this is true it really sums up the supreme laziness in Hollywoodland. Remaking Star Trek (as in TOS) I can understand as it was 40 years ago it was on TV, and over 15 years since the last TOS movie. Whereas BTVS only started 12 years ago, ended only 6, and its its spinoff 5 years ago. And it's still going with Joss via the comics.
    And there was that recent thing of redoing BSG as a movie. Jesus, do people today have the memories of goldfish or something? Next they'll be saying "let's remake Lost!" Let's remake Heroes!"
    Fucking joke

btw, SMG is probably preparing for her baby right now, 4 months pregnant

Last edited: May 26, 2009
  17. Michael Chris

Michael Chris Admiral Admiral

%&@#!%@!! Buffy without Joss? And having nothing to do with the TV show? Are these people flipping insane?!

18. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

That is like Bizarroverse news. What happened with the original Buffy was unprecedented. A failure of a movie is spun-off into a pop culture phenomenon of a TV show. If anything, it's usually the opposite (i.e. "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"). So if the only good thing to come out of the movie was the TV show, why would the people who made the movie think making another one completely unrelated to the show as much as the first one wasn't think doing so would be a recipe for success? The mind boggles.

It saddens me that nobody involved with the show became movie stars. James Marsters has only done TV guest spots and Dragonball. Angel (can't spell his last name) and Alyson Hannigan are TV regulars on modestly successful TV shows.

Even Whedon hasn't done much post-Buffy/Angel. I was really hoping when he was attached to "Wonder Woman" that it would be the first step in a great transition for him from excellent TV producing career to excellent movie director career (as "Star Trek" may be for J.J. Abrams).

Oddly enough, the cast member with the most potential for a good movie career right now seems to be Danny "Jonathan" Strong (as a writer!), who apparently wrote a hell of a screenplay for a TV movie called "Recount" and is lining up more solid screenwriting gigs. I really expected Hannigan to blossom into a beloved movie actress. I was disappointed that after her brief time in the spotlight in the "American Pie" series, all she did was (ugh) "Date Movie".

I can't believe Sarah Michelle Gellar hasn't been in anything really good since 1999. It looks like the only movies she was in that were half decent were "Scream 2" and "Cruel Intentions"...but they weren't exactly masterpieces and she only had a cameo in the former. It's like the cast and crew of the show have the same curse that seems to follow most Star Trek actors after their Star Trek career ends.

19. Skywalker

The Master: Buffy Summers was a great Slayer...but that was another life!

:lol:

20. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

FLOP!