Buffy season nine discussion thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Well, we have first news on Buffy season nine courtesy of Scott Allie at ECCC by way of Whedonesque.

Highlights...

I expected a longer wait until season nine started, so I'm glad that it's coming at the end of this summer. I'm also glad that, by splitting the story between two monthlies, we are getting a larger story, but we will have it in our hands in half the time of season eight. The biggest problem with season eight was the painfully slow pacing.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I anticipated season nine starting in August at the earliest. Good to see that is what will happen. I'm excited. The seeds sown in the coda issue of season eight were pretty interesting. I'm also excited about the new Angel ongoing, good to have everything under one branch.

3. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

turtletrekker , thank you for this thread Big buffy and angel fan . I am already going threw withdrawal . Is there any news on a spike series as well ?

perfect dream willow meets anita blake and beth pheonix and they get it on romanticaly .

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  4. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

PLEASE tell me I don't have to get both the Angel and Buffy series to get the whole story.

5. Admiral_Young

6. timothy

damm I like it when they cross over .

7. Admiral_Young

That's not to say there won't be a crossover but as far as I know it won't be necessary to get both books to follow a story which was Forbin's question.

8. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Good, thanks. Trying to limit the number of comics I buy.

9. saturn5

saturn5 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I was going to quit Buffy comics but I was so impressed by edition 40 that I decided to give them another go. Joss' comments were interesting, he's obviously taken aboard a lot of the fans complaints about the series

10. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm interesting to see what IDW are gonna do in their last remaining issues. Not that I want a lot of Team Angel to be killed off, but for the post-Twilightgate Dark Horse series I'd like to see a smaller crew as Angel tried to rebuild himself.

I'd have himself and two others, ala Season 1. Defintely Faith for one.
    Then slowly reintroduce the other charatcers later (eg. Gunn, Illyria, Connor etc)

11. Admiral_Young

Allie has said that Season Nine will be respectful to the IDW series stories and that they are going to make the BuffyVerse feel more cohesive similar to the Marvel Universe. This is why I stated above we will probably get a crossover arc or at least have things referenced in each others books but it won't be vital to get both. I'm very much looking forward to having Angel back into the fold.

12. indranee

indranee Vice Admiral Admiral

Me too! Always did. I'm all caught up now... can't wait for S9 for both.

13. Admiral_Young

I wonder if the Angel books will be considered Angel Season Six...or maybe Seven? I think Angel: After the Fall was meant to be season six. Not many details are known about the Angel ongoing I don't think yet.

14. Admiral_Young

I forgot to add that the first issue of the Dark Horse Angel is supposed to come out in August as well.

15. timothy

all right today I picked up angel ILLYRIA # 4 and TRUEBLOOD tainted love # 1 from IDW . Now that angel is going to dark horse agin I am guessing TRUEBLOOD will be
    there new focous on that . which is great since TRUEBLOOD seems to be thorwing
    BUFFY puns around .

TRUEBLOOD third greatest vampire serie first and second of course being :

:devil::devil::devil: BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER & ANGEL :evil::evil::evil:

AND if there is to be a fourth forever knight :mallory:

16. Admiral_Young

^ I'm sorry but what does that have to do with Buffy Season Nine?

17. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I stopped reading Angel when "After the Fall" ended. How is what came afterwards and is it connected to Buffy Season Eight? Do they explain why Spike commands an alien space ship?

18. Admiral_Young

I think as explained by someone in the Buffy Season Eight Thread Spike's aliens are explained in the Spike mini-series or will be? I can't remember.

19. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Aye. It will be explained in the current IDW Spike series. Of which there are to be 8 issues, 5 of which have been released thus far. No alien bigs as of yet but they are due to appear later on. Willow showed up though last issue

20. timothy

yeah no buggs as of yet in spike and no IDEA of twilight happening in angel either .
    Does any one know if spike will get a series in dark horse ?
    and will there be any more anthologies like tales of the vampire of tales of the slayer ?

also with dru being back in spike life do you think willow will give her a soul as well ? and will they keep this relationship going into season nine .