Spoilers Brook: Admiral Cornwell’s Relationship And Fate

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by AutoAdmin, Nov 9, 2017.

1. AutoAdmin

AutoAdmin Machine of Death Administrator

A new news article has been published at TrekToday:

Actress Jayne Brook, who plays Admiral Katrina Cornwell, spoke about her character and Cornwell’s fate after last week’s episode. Note that there...

Continue reading...

2. Refuge

Refuge Vice Admiral Admiral

Not sure. She talked about appreciating, how it was 'fun' that her character's death was being speculated about.

That aside I like her message here: "She’s much smarter than someone who just simply won’t bend the rules.” Yeah that probably seems not quite in evidence.. BUT Discovery needs someone to be an example that making decent choices isn't weakness and is the better way.

3. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

its nice to see. some one who is "old school" starfleet. while steering clear of the insane admiral trope.

SPOILER

my personnal belielf is she isnt died

injuried and a little fried yes. not dead.

partually because. i like her.

Satron and Refuge like this.
  4. I like her to so shes most certainly alive and now im starting to think about Landry... Uhh..
    (insert pic of screaming guy yelling her name here)
    But yeah, the admiral is alive.

5. Boomer359

Boomer359 Commodore Commodore

I certainly hope she isn't dead. It was a nice change of pace to see a character on this show who wasn't tragically flawed in some way.

Don't get me wrong, I like the imperfections everyone seems to have; it makes for an interesting show. But now, it seems, Culber is the only well-rounded, emotionally healthy adult we're seeing week to week. Makes worry a little about Starfleet..

SpocksOddSocks likes this.
  6. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

She is probably not dead, yet. She might die in the rescue attempt...assuming Burnham fails a second person on a Klingon ship.

7. CommanderTrip

CommanderTrip Captain Captain

From the exchange between Kol(Kor?) and L'rell (sp?) during last weeks episode, I was under the impression the Admiral wasn't dead, and somehow managed to escape the klingon ship of the dead after the throw down between Cornwell and Voq's Klingon squeeze.

On a completely unrelated side note, anyone else recognize Admiral Cornwell as Christina Applegate's nemesis in Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead? I think David Duchovny was in that movie too.

indranee likes this.
  8. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought the "escape" that L'Rell referred to was the incident where Cornwell purportedly grabbed L'Rell's blade, fought her, and died?

Timo Saloniemi

9. Xerxus

Xerxus Commander Red Shirt

The actual article in listed on startrek.com seem to heavily imply her fate, which was very different from the tone from After Trek.

Weird.

10. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

She's getting better! :D

11. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I hope she isn't dead either. She looked more unconscious than dead in that last, lingering shot of her that we saw. Mainly, I was really excited to see L'Rell's escape plan come to fruition -- it sounded pretty exciting to have the two of them team up to escape the ship together and try to make their way back to Disco. And to have it all go to pot when Kol shows up, leading to Cornwell getting killed by the one she was supposed to be escaping with? Nah, say it ain't so! There's gotta be more going on here! :D

12. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I love that scene where L'Rell and Cornwell are screaming at each other so the guard will think Cornwell's being tortured and thus leave them alone. :lol:

Refuge likes this.
  13. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I guess we know, now.

14. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We do. Not wanting to lose this character any time soon.

15. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

Still six episodes left in the season.