News Brent Spiner Returned for "Picard" (and you could do the CGI better in 15 minutes, we get it)

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Turtletrekker, May 30, 2019.

1. StewMc

StewMc Commodore Commodore

I think it changes to the normal uniform halfway though The Darkness and the Light though.

Tosk likes this.
  2. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm 90% sure it was just a rush job from the costuming department who were seemingly duplicating the First Contact uniform by eye from blurry VHS tapes, since so many details are missing or incorrect.

3. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

It does, someone on the station must have finally worked up the nerve to tell him. ;)

StewMc likes this.
  4. Admiral Picard

Admiral Picard Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Garak saw it, acted and boom... Sisko got the uniform corrected.

Lord Garth and Hythlodeus like this.
  5. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

I think they used Picard's or Riker's from FC cause his costume wasn't ready, and that turned out too long, so they altered it this way...

6. Philip Guyott

Philip Guyott Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Sorry if this question has been asked here before, but it just has occurred to me that with Data having been uploaded to the body of B4, could he be transferred from B4 into one of the body's of the rogue synths?

This would mean in future that Data would not be played by Brent Spiner but by this guy!
    Possibly with Brent doing the voice acting. Just a thought.

[​IMG]

7. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

It'd be RIker if anyone, as Frakes wears a Brooks hand-me-down in Generations...but I tend to think Sisko's new uniform was actually made for him but not tailored correctly. It seems unlikely that it's Riker's uniform as Sisko's is missing the red division stripe on the sleeves, whereas Riker's had them correctly in place.

8. NCC-73515

If the sleeves were too long, they had to roll them up, covering the stripe.

9. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

I just checked and the stitching on the grey area of Sisko's uniform does not match Picard or Riker's FC uniforms. It actually doesn't even match the style precisely. The gap in the middle differs noticeably.

10. NCC-73515

Then someone really screwed up making him a costume XD

11. Sebastianus

Sebastianus Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

We finally get an explanation why Data's pupil size changes in the poker scene.

They can dilate.

DaveyNY and NCC-73515 like this.
  12. Sebastianus

Here is a comparison between the trailer and the final version of Data. They only changed his hairline and slightly increased his pupils.

[​IMG]

13. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    More specifically ... He can dilate them purposely if he so chooses.
    :techman:

Sebastianus likes this.
  14. Hatter76

Hatter76 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

well, they did pretty good with the smoothing of his face while retaining detail, I would say that part was a success, the hair, although improved, still is a disappointment, I'd be very interested in knowing why they did not use a frontal hairpiece, or what was so wrong with the one they used that it needed to be digitally manipulated to begin with. that aside, it's great to See Brent as Data again, his performance(as always) shines through any makeup related flaws there might be, there is additional work that could be done(that would not require Marvel Money) but as is, it works in bringing him back to a Star Trek Nemesis form of Data, which is appropriate, he does sound a bit older, but he's so there as the Character that it's easy to forget about that. A- on the deaging Job, the minus being that damn hairline.

15. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

... or ...
    One could just chalk it all up to a ninety-something-year-old man's fond, but somewhat lacking, Dream Memories.
    :rolleyes:

16. Sebastianus

Maybe they just corrected his natural hairline, instead of using a hairpiece.

His skin looks okay but you can still see that he is an old man. They clearly didn't have ILM technology.

Overall, Data looks acceptable. But he looks far from good.

penguin44 and jaime like this.
  17. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

... which is exactly the point ...

Last time Picard saw Data he was five seconds from being obliterated in a massive explosion.

18. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought it looked good. The FC uniform was a miss (it looks like a fan replica) but the TNG one looked flawless. As for his features, hey, the guy got older. That's life. He still looked like Data and his voice cadence was perfect.

19. Hatter76

Hatter76 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

20. eschaton

eschaton Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Why'd they futz with Data's hairline at all in the trailer? It seems like the wig they gave Spiner was good enough.