News Brent Spiner Returned for "Picard" (and you could do the CGI better in 15 minutes, we get it)

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Turtletrekker, May 30, 2019.

1. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

the uniform looks fine on Picard, but it seems to high up on Data, maybe they made the neck too tall.

2. Vger23

Vger23 Vice Admiral Admiral

Absolutely,

Almost every TOS and TNG movie trailer had either unfinished FX shots, or simply stole FX shots from the previous movies or series.

3. Prax

Prax Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Picard's pips seem oriented wrong. It's totally messed up

4. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In this "dream," will there be cake?

[​IMG]

:techman:

5. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    What crappy FX.
    Her lipstick and eyebrows don't look anything like frosting.
    :scream:

6. Hatter76

Hatter76 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I think whats up with Data's Collar, is they are trying to hid as much of Spiner's Neck, lifting the aged skin of the neck digitally is extra work, and it's tedious work, in certain ways more than the face, form a post production standpoint the most practical thing to do is just show less of the neck so that there is less to do work to, it's nothing new. in the Film Red Dragon, taking place before Silence of The Lambs, Anthony Hopkins was playing a younger Hannibal Lecter, but he was 11 years older than he had been when he filmed Silence, IMDB often inaccurately says there was digital work done to make him look younger, but this was not the case, he had lost about 20lbs for the film(the filming with an anamorphic lens made him look rounder) as a result, the skin ion his neck was sagging much more noticeable, the white T Shirt that lecter wears under his prison suit, was done with a higher and tighter ringed collar, that covered more of Hopkin's neck, to help draw less attention to it. Terminator 3 had Digital touchups done on Arnold Schwarzenegger, though it's was not acknowledged at the time, it was mostly on Arnold's cheeks, under his eyes, his first scene in the move did have his neck smoothed out, and it had some partial work at other times in the film, but they were literally just light touchups for the most part to help him look like he had not aged between Terminator 2 and 3, Arnolds neck was noticeably more shrived and sagging at the time they made the movie, most of the film he was wearing a shirt with a collar that was higher and showed less of his neck, again it was a practical way of reducing work that would be needed in post production. This is most likely why Data s Collar is taller and covers more of his neck

NCC-73515 likes this.
  7. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

At the end of the day, yes it is obvious he's a much older man playing his 30something self. You either suspend disbelief and roll with it, or all is ruined.

I'm gonna suspend disbelief.

Turtletrekker and fireproof78 like this.
  8. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

Picard's collar is higher as well, cause Stewart's throat also got a liiitle more wrinkled

9. Hatter76

It's in Progress [​IMG]

NCC-73515 likes this.
  10. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

Though I don't mind fixing Data's hairline, I think Picard's wrinkles should stay. It's the difference between doing things the wrong way and the right wrong way. If that makes any sense. There's off and then there's intentionally off.

The wrinkles show that he even if put the uniform back on, he can't go back the way things were before. He wants to be in a place that he's obviously not. Patrick Stewart today should look as weird in a TNG Uniform as William Shatner would if he put on a TWOK Uniform.

Random_Spock likes this.
  11. eschaton

eschaton Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Plus, who among us hasn't had dreams where we're back in high school, but just as old as we are today?

12. Hatter76

well, to be honest, I still have dreams where I'm a 36 year old 8th Grader in the lunch-line at school, and they think I'm a parent, and I'm trying to explain that I'm a student

NCC-73515 likes this.
  13. Hatter76

lol well it was meant to be a joke

Lord Garth likes this.
  14. Prax

Thanks for the X-Men origins flashback

15. ITDUDE

ITDUDE Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's not quiet as bad as that
    [​IMG]

Noname Given and F. King Daniel like this.
  16. Hatter76

You're Welcome [​IMG]

F. King Daniel likes this.
  17. Prax

[​IMG]The 2006 one from Xmen 3 actually looks the most like a younger Patrick Stewart, and not an elderly Stewart de-aged.

18. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

I once had a dream where I was there for some exhibition or event, and then the teachers started chasing me saying: There he is! Finally we got you! Do you know how much school you still have to catch up with? You're gonna stay here and do all these classes and exams that you didn't take! ...and they didn't believe me that I graduated and got higher degrees and dragged me into class again. Quite a nightmare! XD

SpaceProg likes this.
  19. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    The last time I can remember dreaming about High School, I think it involved half the football team chasing me with nothing but their pads on and that was while I was still in High School.
    I can't remember if I let them catch me or not.
    :rofl:

NCC-73515 likes this.
  20. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

WHAT THE %$&# IS THIS?!?!! O_O

Sorry... that's the first I ever saw this. I never bothered to watch the X-Men this was in. So you just got to see my reaction in real time.

Qonundrum and ITDUDE like this.