BREAKING: Paramount Sets Top Secret Star Trek Movie For Summer 2023; To Be Produced By J.J. Abrams

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by PixelMagic, Apr 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have no idea how one gets multiverse from his comments.

Commander Troi, MFB and Richard S. Ta like this.
  2. Ray Hardgrit

Ray Hardgrit Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Personally I'm hyped for what is obviously going to be the first live action Star Trek / X-Men / Doctor Who crossover.

3. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I see a 14-year-old photo (uniform tests pre-2009), a 7-year-old stock photo, a bunch of speculation founded on ???, and zip in the way of concrete information.

The whole page reduces to:

If this kind of vacant puffery is par for Inverse(dot)com, I'm not super-confident about their value as a source of anything meaningful.

F. King Daniel likes this.
  4. STEPhon IT

STEPhon IT Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd rather see DISCO get a shot at features, maybe even a crossover with JJTrek. Look, the series has a cinematic feel already, just have a compelling story for those characters to tell.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
    Richard S. Ta likes this.
  5. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

You forgot the Legion of Superheroes and the Green Lanterns (oh and the Planet of the Apes). :whistle:

6. Ray Hardgrit

Ray Hardgrit Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

7. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

True. As long as Shia LeBoeuf is not involved, I’ll allow it. :lol:

8. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If they REALLY want to make some big bucks, have Ethan Hunt get transported to the Kelvin universe! :lol:

9. plynch

plynch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A great many people don’t really partake of the current media culture. I still only know him as the guy who played the enigmatic villain in Beyond.

I taught hih school till 2020. Lots of kids had no clue what Star Trek was, and you’d be surprised the number who hadn’t even seen a SW flick, They of course partake in current media culture, but miht point is we overestimate the extent ppl know the stuff we think is just obviously known.

Commander Troi and Richard S. Ta like this.
  10. Richard S. Ta

Richard S. Ta Commodore Commodore

Abrams already did a No Way Home style crossover when he brought two Spock's together in 09.

And yes, there's nothing in hoo comments that even approaches what they claim in the headline.

Personally I'm really happy we have another Kelvin movie confirmed. Somehow I missed this news entirely. I had doubts it would ever even be mooted, but here we are.

11. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

nope :p

12. Vger23

Vger23 Vice Admiral Admiral

I just hope they make a movie that they want to make, and don't listen to the interwebs and focus groups to try and cobble together "TEH PURFEKT STAR TRAK MOVEE THET ALL TEH FANZ WILL LUV!!!!!1!1!"

I love the fans, but everyone's ideas about what a new movie should be about quite frankly make me shudder and give me gas.

13. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    One thing about TMP is that they made the movie they wanted and using concepts from the canceled Phase II television series project. They didn't ask the fanbase what kind of story they wanted, they just made it and hoped for the best. The fact that it was in some ways a remake of "The Changeling(TOS)" with a $46 million budget and John Dykstra and Douglas Trumbull special effects didn't detract from the fact that they made the movie they wanted to produce.

The same could be said for the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy. George didn't ask fans what they wanted and he didn't go for the nostalgia jugular in an attempt to grab the biggest audience possible. He knew he was making the first new Star Wars movies in almost 20 years and that was enough to fill seats and he made the movies he wanted, like them or not. When you have to focus group every big movie idea you've already lost some of the art involved.

14. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

It might have been better to stop with this:
    Or this:
    Even this could have been sufficient to make the point clearly, with no backhand swipe at fan groups or fan opinions required:

15. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

I hope this happens. I love the Kelvin cast.

Here's hoping that the main crew (Pine, Quinto, Pegg, Cho, Urban, Saldana), Alice Eve (Carol Marcus), Sofia Boutella (Jaylah) and CumberKhan reprise their roles as well.

16. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

17. Char Kais

Char Kais Commander Red Shirt

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...el-reveal-surprised-its-own-stars-1235097557/

The report from Variety, that Paramount was planning to enter negations with the actors, was correct.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/star-trek-chris-pine-zachary-quinto-zoe-saldana-1235021307/

18. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Their agents must love it, as they can pretty much demand whatever they want now.

19. dupersuper

dupersuper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So it's time travel as well as multiverse travel? Why no Shatner and just captains from 100 years after (and 100 years before) the Kelvin movies?

Plus two are animated (3 if you want to include M'Ress, Arex and who ever else from TAS, 4 if you want to include the space tardigrade from Short treks).

Agreed. Don't forget Scotty's buddy. I'll still miss Chekov...

Please, Great Bird of the Galaxy, no. Let us never speak of that travesty again.

20. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.