Breaking Bad - Season 5

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Agent Richard07, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

[highlight]***SPOILERS AHEAD***[/highlight]

[​IMG]

Breaking Bad returns for a final batch of 16 episodes.
    8 will air this summer and the final 8 will air in 2013.
    The new season premieres on Sunday July 15th on AMC.​

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJvFib5iOxE[/yt]

Official Website | IMDb Page | Wikipedia Entry
    Season 5 Article on Wikipedia

2. Agent Richard07

A week to go and lots of promos...

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0BuC2OrVIU[/yt]

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izx7rVrbU00[/yt]

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m9mjziiF-w[/yt]

3. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

All hail the king - hell yeah! :D

4. Sysyphyx

Sysyphyx Lieutenant Red Shirt

Can't. Frickin. Wait.

My predictions: Walt Jr. gets bullied at school, goes on a shooting rampage; Skylar buys a bunch of shoes, steals all the meth money and walks all the way to Las Vegas to bet it all on the tables. Loses; Hank finds out that Walt was Heisenberg, considers turning him in but gets addicted to meth instead. Dies of an overdose; Walt has a relapse. dies of cancer in finale. The End.

5. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

Well, I'm excited. I knew that Skylar would be scared of Walt now because she only heard of the explosion and doesn't know what a hare-brained scheme it really was and that it was only a plan B knitted together at the last minute. Too bad they'll split up the season. I want to see it all. Now. ;)

6. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The first two promos are pretty cheesy, the third one is better but still not great. Still, they're only adverts, they don't necessarily represent the show.

I'm looking forward to season 5 because it seems like it will be bringing the show back to its roots. As enjoyable as seasons 3 and 4 were, and as great an antagonist as Gus was, I preferred how season 2 told the story of Walt rising on his own to become a kingpin, and that's that's where season 5 appears to be returning.

7. The Habs Fan

The Habs Fan Commodore Commodore

I can't wait! Is it July 15 yet?

8. BlueStuff

BlueStuff Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It is now. :bolian:

9. Agent Richard07

^ Yep. A few hours to go. More clips ahead...

Where season 4 left off...

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZR8Amsmh1M[/yt]

Abd here's the Comic Con trailer for season 5... (it has footage from the new season, so beware)

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4Ok68Y4cSQ[/yt]

10. Agent Richard07

Like last season's premiere, it didn't feel as if a lot happened. Maybe it's just high expectations though. I liked what I saw anyway. We're off to a good start.

- I was wondering how Walt would get Mike to work for him and what went down here works for me. They were pretty quick getting to eachother in the desert though. Gus just died, and Mike was still recovering then suddenly he's having a meeting with Walt and Jesse?

- I thought of the magnet bit before Jesse brought it up. Would something like that actually work? Seemed a bit far fetched.

- What did they find when they were looking at the picture while salvaging what was in the evidence room?

- I was a bit busy during the teaser and didn't catch everyting. What happened exactly? Looked like something that'll happen somewhere down the line.

- I thought Saul was about to skip town at the end of last season. Maybe I'm not remembering something correctly.

- Walt is starting to get cocky. :devil:

11. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm loving this cocky, scary Walt and I look forward to more badass scenes involving him.

I think Mike is going to die next episode. Maybe Walt kills him after Mike rejects his proposal of being a part of his drug empire.

12. Agent Richard07

I would have been a complete wreck all day and all night if I were Walt, wondering if anyone looked at the computer already and even wondering if there's another recording somewhere. I think his cockiness is a defense mechanism. They can't really be sure if the hard drive was erased, but he needs something to put his mind at ease.

Also, Ted isn't dead. I didn't think he was when he hit his head, but everyone said he was, so I went with it.

13. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Why is Walt on the run? Does he find reason to suspect the hard drive wasn't wiped? After seeing Mike find out about Gus and his subsequent reaction, for a second I thought he must be running from Mike, but that doesn't appear to be the case. I wonder if this is going to be this season's arc story which isn't explained until the season finale -- like the plane crash a few seasons back.

Skylar's initial reaction to Ted in the hospital seemed totally in character for her. But in a concession to how her character has developed over the last four seasons, so did "good". Skylar has gone full "Carmella Soprano" on us.

Well, it's confirmed now that Walt poisoned the kid. The scene with Walt and Saul was by far my favorite of the episode. My, how the dynamic of that relationship has changed. Walt is now too dangerous and too much of a scumbag even for Saul.

I can hardly wait to see what happens when Jesse finds out that Walt used two people who Jesse loved to manipulate him into doing what Walt wanted him to.

14. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

where can I get a hold of the guy from the opening, I want an M-60

15. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

Good start to the season, though the laptop files are a such a showkiller that it was obvious they would succeed in wiping them.

16. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

I love Walt for the crazy plans he comes up with. The magnet thing was quite awesome. I wonder what he needed that machine gun for in the teaser but this probably be resolved only at the end of the season.
    There's some interesting mirroring going on with Ted being scared of Skylar even though she didn't want any harm to come to him and Skylar being scared of Walt even though he wouldn't hurt her, either. Him saying "I forgive you" didn't really help matters in that regard, I figure.

17. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If Mike loved Gus so much, he is really stupid yet gave in to Walt too easily.

Still don't believe Walt could poison the kid. Physically I mean, not have moral difficulties.

Also don't believe they wouldn't have been working on the laptop instead of parking it in evidence. But the magneto was a nifty touch.

"I forgive you" was much more menacing than "We're done when I say we're done."

18. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Damn that was good.

The opening flashforward was definitely unexpected, and makes it clear that Walt at least survives long enough to grow his hair out. I wonder if the second half of the season picks up with him on the run from the cops, or are we just getting a peek at where he's at in the finale?

The magnet scheme seems pretty far-fetched (Mike blots out the one surveillance camera on the premises and no guards come out to check?), but it was still intense and fun as hell to watch.

19. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

They were waiting on experts being available, or some such thing. Not really a big stretch, since it was only a day or so after.

20. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

Yep. They're a local police department. It's unlikely that they have the right expertise on-staff.