Bones - anybody still watching? (SPOILERS thru 4x05)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Sakrysta, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

My best friend has been telling me for months (years?) how good Bones is and that I would like it. So I finally started watching on Hulu, and I really like the show. I've watched probably half of Season 1 so far.

And then I started watching Season 4. :eek: Clearly, I missed a wham-bang of an end to the third season. So, I thought I'd check out the episode threads, to see what long time fans were saying about this season. But there haven't been any Bones threads this year. The last one was for the Season 3 finale. And the overall consensus was plain - fans were NOT happy.

So, are you still watching? What do you think of what they've done with this season so far? Having just begun watching myself, I'm not as emotionally invested as some, and even I'm ticked that Hodgins & Angela broke up for no reason. I'm holding judgment on Zach, because while I love the character, I didn't see what happened in Season 3 to get him to this point. And his reveal at the end of 4x04 - opinions?

2. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am. I was pretty disappointed with the end of season three because of that "twist", but that last episode he was in went a long way toward rebuilding the character in my mind. I never stopped enjoying the show, however, it was just that I liked him as a character and the revolving guest stars brought in to replace him wasn't doing it for me.

3. Sakrysta

I felt like the writers were trying to make a point with those guest stars - that no one could replace Zach - with the intent of eventually redeeming Zach and bringing him back to the lab. But I don't know just what extent Zach's crimes covered, and the more that I find out, the more I wonder if his restoration is possible.

4. Baerbel Haddrell

Baerbel Haddrell Commodore Commodore

After the appearance of Zach in the new season I feel much better about the twist at the end of season 3 and am very curious how this story will develop. It wouldn`t surprise me at all if he comes back.

I think his restoration is just a matter of time. After the story around Bones relatives, compared to that freeing Zach should really not be a problem.

I find the revolving door he left behind very amusing. As people say, you don`t need to be crazy to work there but it helps :).

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

If Zach is allowed in the building that would be a shark jumping another shark in a pool with a fridge as a nuke goes off in the backround.

I hated the ending mainly because the writers didn't do it for any other reason that to do it. Plus it was rushed because the writers wanted to end it in a season. I would have loved the the storyline to continue for a few seasons. Now what is the other arcing mystery? There is none.

I have liked this season fine through, but that might be because nothing else is on.

6. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's what I figured, I'm just not too keen on the execution. There doesn't seem to be clear reason for why there's a new one every time - a couple of them seemed to do well enough to stay on, but they're gone without explanation at the start of the next episode.

7. Nardpuncher

Nardpuncher Rear Admiral

JERK POST:

I've never seen the show...but I thnk it's because the main actress looks so very frightening to me. Did the name the show after her scary skull-y head?

I'm sorry.

8. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I'm still watching (though on delay, because I watch Pushing Daisies, so I have to wait for the tape from my sister). I wasn't too crazy about the twist with Zack, but I can live with it. One problem was that it was too rushed because of the Writer's Strike and Gorgonzola's demise was anti-climactic; they should have extended it into this season. I do like how they're following up on it, though, especially Hodgins reaction.

The revolving door assistants are funny; I think the writers are having a blast with bringing in these various odd characters. Zack's revelation to Sweets was certainly interesting-- I'm curious where they're going to go with that, but I don't know if the character can really be completely redeemed.

One problem I do have with the show is of its portrayal of intellectuals as emotionally crippled social misfits; but that's a problem with mainstream entertainment in general.

9. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

^I agree, that's my main problem with it too, considering Kathy Reichs Tempe is nothing like that, at least in the one book I've tried reading.

I didn't mind it at all, in fact I kinda liked it. Although I do wonder why they've written Zack out twice now. First with the Iraq story, now this. I guess the Iraq story could have been to make him feel weak and seperate from others, so this story could work.
    Good to know he's King of the Loony-bin now though. :)

10. God Magnus

God Magnus Commodore Commodore

A world where criminals operate above the law...
    Funny, I was just going to start a thread about Zack. I haven't seen S3 yet, but I know what winds up happening to him. I was curious if anyone knew what the deal was? Did the actor want to leave? Did the writers want to carry the character through a larger story arc? I'm about done with S2 and so far the behavior seems out of left field for him. At least up the point I've seen he appears to be a social misfit, but one with an appreciation for right and wrong.

11. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Contrary to what the fans believe, the show has actually become more popular since late season three; its ratings are up and the critics love it. I, however, am disappointed in the spoilers concerning Booth's brother. I'd like for Booth and Bones to get together already and I think a lot of people agree with me. So yeah, I'm still watching, but it's not a perfect show.

12. Sakrysta

I'm cranky because I just watched 3x14 with crazy stalker lady and Hulu doesn't have 3x15 up. Or rather, it's in their HD gallery, which my connection is not fast enough to allow me to watch.

*pouts* I really want to see what happened next.

13. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ That cliffhanger was great, and the lead-up to it was fun. :)

I'm still watching and enjoying the show. I was late coming to the show, having gotten on the Bones bandwagon during Season 3. I bought the box set of S1, which was great, saw the early S3 episodes I missed, and so far so good with S4. I too am interested to see how the Zack story will pan out with regards to revelation he dropped on Sweets. And I'm not even sure what happened with Angie & Hodgins.

14. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

anybody still watching you say...

Only 10 million :cool:

15. BenRoethig

BenRoethig Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Look, its eventually going to go that way, but its too early.

16. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Bones will easily last 6/7 seasons so I think we can wait on that till near the end of next year. The writers love to inflict pain on us though with Hodgins & Angela :(

17. Sakrysta

:p I meant on the board, silly person. :p

I REALLY hope they fix Hodgins & Angela. They are perfect for each other, and the breakup "reason" was just stinky. :(

18. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I know but wanted to tell the good news :cool: since I really love the show I could try and do the weekly grading threads if you want can stick it up after my daily ratings thread.

19. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

They (B&B) end up together...

NAKED IN BED!!!

this season....

:lol:

And Zach was kicked off the show because the writers wanted to shake the cast up for no reason at all, except to copy House.

20. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I would of loved to see season 3 pan out properly in a full 22 ep but am not hating the current guest of the week so I think come the midseason we need to add a full time cast member to the position.