News Boba Fett Movie in the Works With James Mangold

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Enterprise is Great, May 25, 2018.

1. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Hollywood Reporter

I liked The Wolverine and Logan movies he directed so I think he's a good choice.

Grendelsbayne and ichab like this.
  2. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I'm sure I'll probably wind up seeing this eventually, but this is first time where my first reaction to Star Wars movie news is that I'll wait for home video. Just never cared for Boba Fett. Not my particular flavor of Kool-Aid if you know what I mean.

As an aside, is all of the unreleased Clone Wars stuff considered canon or only certain arcs? My favorite scene with Boba Fett is one that never actually aired in a finished episode, and I would hate to see it overridden.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  3. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

I hope it’s like Dredd and he never takes off the armour.

4. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

Sigh. Some characters are better with more mystique about them.

HugeLobes likes this.
  5. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

He's an exact clone of Jango, so we know exactly what he looks like.

But Jesus, we really are going to get a new Star Wars movie every year until the heat death of the universe. Solo was a bad enough concept, but now we have to have a stand-alone movie about a plot device with like six lines of dialogue in one movie, and then in the next gets swallowed by a giant sand vagina monster because a blind guy with a stick booped his backpack. Yet he's loved by the Internet because ... I don't know, growing up with the toys or something? I mean, fuck, he's not even a character, he's just a cipher or a cudgel; he has cool armor and a reputation for disintegrating his bounties, I guess?

And I say that as someone who has loved essentially everything James Mangold has done in his career.

We're going to get The Cantina Band: A Star Wars Story in twenty years, at this rate.

6. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Meh. Really don't care about Boba Fett, but Mangold is a good director so maybe he'll make something good out of it.

I do hope they cast another Maori actor to play the role, though.

7. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Not surprising. Even before Disney bought the Star War's franchise people were quietly hoping a Boba Fett movie or Yoda movie would be made.

The last piece to fall into the puzzle is an "Obi-wan Kenobi" movie

8. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

I know but with the actor now older, it would be better to have someone else in the suit and just use his voice.

9. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

That's not how you spell Obi-Wan Kenobi :shifty:

SpocksOddSocks, KennyB, Booji and 4 others like this.
  10. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

I remember quite enjoying the "Tales from. . ." series. Adapt them with an Arrested Development-style narration and cross-cutting to highlight the connections between each story and what do you know if I think I can actually see a movie like that working.

11. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

My thought exactly.
    I don't care for a Fett movie, he was hardly a character.
    If we don't get a Kenobi movie I prefer a Old Republic movie

12. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Jesus friggin' Christ LucasFilm, what are you doing? :vulcan:

13. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Amazing stuff

14. Tuskin38

I don’t know if this specific scene is canon, but the full incomplete episodes they released a couple years ago are canon.

15. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

This one falls into the category of ‘why?’ Zero interest here, I’ll wait for it to be on HBO. Pass.

Q2

16. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

They're about to have the first Star Wars movie flop in franchise history. I'm not sure they'd want a second one.

17. Tuskin38

I see no indication of that.

People were saying the same thing about TLJ.

18. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Thursday preview numbers were bad. Really bad. Way below industry tracking. We're talking Justice League numbers here.
    It all depends on word of mouth now, but I wouln't count on another Jumanji, tbh.

Exactly the opposite. TLJ had a monstrous opening, near damn repeated TFA's numbers. Boxoffice analysts were predicting a $800 mil. domestic gross at that point.

19. Starscream2112

Starscream2112 Captain Captain

I would prefer a movie called Bounty Hunters and follow all the bounty hunters that we saw in Empire.

20. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

It'll be interesting, assuming Fett doesn't take his helmet off, who will they cast as the voice? Temuera Morrison or Dee Bradley Baker? Morrison shouldn't be difficult to get a hold of, he still does Star Wars video games so I doubt he'd be too difficult to bring back for a movie. But in all honesty, because of Clone Wars and Rebels, I actually prefer Baker's voice as Jango Fett clones.