Spoilers Black Lightning - Season 4: The Final Season

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by TREK_GOD_1, Feb 7, 2021.

1. SAndrews10

SAndrews10 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I’m guessing had the series continued we wouldn’t have had the sudden hard left turn of JJ is an evil ionosphere life form. China would have stayed gone and had no reason to return. It makes no sense in the context of the events of the episodes she was if she wasn’t really Jen (yes I know all her memories blah blah blah) it’s the same plot hole as the changeling Bashir

2. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Or, the "JJ" plot may have been intended all along (in some form), and the stories regarding McClain's involvement with the series were not so accurate after all. Either way, I was very happy to see her return, as she was as integral a part of the series as the rest of the main cast, and a final episode of this wonderful series would have felt incomplete without her.

3. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Did we ever do a summary of the series? Including what could have been done to keep it going?

4. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

No series summary at the moment. On the topic of the series continuing, it should have been moved for an exclusive streaming service run and produce at least one additional season of how Freeland operated with the Pierce daughters taking the lead as the city's superheroes, and how Jefferson & Gambi dealt with retirement. That, and Odell (and his daughter) were going to be the Big Bad of the Painkiller/Khalil series, however, with that pilot never going to series, they could have been background players in Freeland and in the offscreen world Khalil occupied.

Four seasons was never going to be enough.

5. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

6. The Realist

The Realist Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep. He and Chyler Leigh are the reasons I'll tune in to this event, after deep-sixing The Flash this past season.

7. The Realist

The Realist Vice Admiral Admiral

Black Lightning: The Fourth and Final Season is arriving on Blu-ray October 12. :techman:

Enterprise is Great likes this.
  8. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

It’s about time!

TREK_GOD_1 and The Realist like this.