Black Fire

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Captain59, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Captain59

Captain59 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Connecticut - Home of the Hartford Whalers
    I'm looking for a first edition copy of "Black Fire." Does anyone know where I can get one? I'n not looking for the Timescape version, but the one with the original series Star Trek font and #8 on the cover. Amazon.com and eBay have nothing.

I didn't see anying in the FAQs about asking where to obtain OOP books, so I figure it's safe to ask.

2. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

As I recall, the first edition would have said Timescape on the front. It wasn't until much later that they dropped the Timescape and started with the Trek font, so you're looking for a later version.

But really, why? Is there a difference?

3. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

Abebooks.com and alibris.com are both good web-sites for finding first edition books.

4. Steve Roby

Steve Roby Rear Admiral Premium Member

Yep. The first printing (January 1983) had a full-size Timescape logo across the top of the front cover and no number. Pocket didn't start numbering the Star Trek novels until labeling The Final Reflection #16, so any Pocket TOS novel with a number lower than 16 is obviously not a first printing.

5. Captain59

Captain59 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Connecticut - Home of the Hartford Whalers
    Thanks for all the info! I found what I was looking for at abebooks.com, plus a couple more.