Birds of Prey

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by DigificWriter, Sep 2, 2018.

1. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

I decided to cross-post this from another forum:

2. DigificWriter

Nobody has any thoughts on this at all?

3. Sgt_G

Sgt_G Commodore Commodore

The one thing that threw me was "Nightwing". Wasn't that Dick Grayson, aka Robin, after he grew up and went out on his own? I didn't know if you were gender-flipping the character......

4. DigificWriter

I'm not gender-flipping the character; I simply appropriated the codename (which is actually Kryptonian in origin) and its associated imagery for Barbara (in lieu of both her Batgirl and Oracle identities, which really don't fit a bird-themed team), taking a page from the Smallville Season 11 comics where she fights crime under that codename alongside Batman.

I also appropriated the codename of Flamebird (which is also Kryptonian in origin) and its associated imagery and gave them both to the Helena Wayne (Kyle) version of Huntress since, like the codenames of Batgirl and Oracle, that codename and its associated costume really don't fit a bird-themed team.

5. DigificWriter

The lack of response to this is really disappointing because I'm not completely happy with some of the setup in terms of how Carolyn and Dinah fit into the story and was hoping that some outsider perspectives could help me work through the clunkiness.

6. WraithDukat

WraithDukat Captain Premium Member

I doubt I'm the only one who saw a thread titled 'Birds of Prey' on a Star Trek forum and thought you meant something completely different.