Big Brother 21 discussion thread

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by JirinPanthosa, Jun 27, 2019.

1. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Let the guilty pleasure commence.

I was a little surprised to see the Chenbot back, I thought they might have decommissioned the Chenbot now that nobody at the network can force her into shows without audition.

The camp thing is pretty innocuous as far as themes go. When they said people know each other I assumed it'd be more than just two people, so that doesn't seem like it'll be a huge factor.

The group seems like the standard generally narcissistic Big Brother group. Funny they found somebody who looks like Jason Momoa. Looks like everybody is finding reasons to fall in line behind the attractive guys.

Just got to the part of the episode they talk about the banishment.

So AGAIN, they're going to find a way to get the old guy out immediately before they even vote.

Cliff and Jemy are the only ones that stand out as probably not lasting long so far. Cliff, besides being the token old guy, seems like he doesn't care to socially fit in with the young guys. Jemy just seems like she hates everyone.

Won't have time to watch all episode 2 before work but will see the start. Will probably get to the rest of it tomorrow.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  2. JirinPanthosa

It also sums up how Big Brother games tend to go that somebody was tasked to mark four players immediately for elimination, and he chose the two black people, the overweight woman and the old guy.

3. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

I already can't stand the majority of this cast and I really can't keep most of the women straight. I'm hoping once the herd gets thinned, both of those will be rectified.

BB has once again stuck to its casting formula. Cliff the old man. The one black guy. The one black woman. Christie is a carbon copy of Kaitlyn last year. Tommy is your token gay male. Sam is your accent, screaming in diary guy. Jack and Jackson are Jase and Scott all over again.

And why do we need to keep bringing back former people to host things? Use the current cast and give them silly things to wear and create their own memories.

4. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm pretty neutral on the cast so far. Some of them I am liking, but many I do not. The first week impressions often change though, so I'm trying to stay open minded.

It will be interesting to see what this twist that's "never been done before" is that they will reveal tonight. It's hard to imagine them introducing something truly new. I'm guessing it will be some sort of Redemption Island type thing where the evicted person immediately battles the previously evicted person, and then at some point the winner re-enters the game. But we'll see.

5. JirinPanthosa

I agree, this cast is pretty average for BB. Nobody particularly bad to me, but also no stand out strategic players.

6. Danny99

This season is even more of a dating show than previous. You have two futzes in Jack and Jackson running the game at this point and bedding the ladies while the rest of them run around like lemmings. I have never been tuned out by a season so quickly.

7. JirinPanthosa

I'm waiting for Jackson to fall off something so I can say "A Khal that can not ride is no Khal".

I don't strongly dislike anyone from the cast. If Jackson can Derrick this and control everyone, he deserves it. Hopefully it's not too long before someone meaningfully fights back.

The optics are a little uncomfortable of who's been targeted so far. If Kemi gets voted out, and it's three out of four minorities sitting in Camp Comeback, it'll be awkward. And the other option is the overweight girl. Makes BB look even more like a young hot white people club.

8. Danny99

Jess is Latina too if I remember correctly, so still bad optically. I won't say its what is happening, but it will be easy for someone to say the white people ganged up in some kind of racist eviction strategy.

9. JirinPanthosa

In this case I don't think anyone is overtly racist. But I think they protected the people they bonded with more, and just put more effort into bonding with the other white people.

Same thing with Cliff, being the older guy, only in his case he gets protection from seeming so nonthreatening.

10. JirinPanthosa

This is looking more and more like a season where one person dominates. And not as entertainingly as Derrick, Paul or Tyler. We’ll see how it goes when the non-8ers pool gets smaller.

Camp melanin gets another member. I hope Kevin comes back. Because he least deserved to lose and has the most chance to stay in when he gets back.

11. JirinPanthosa

A few of this season’s people are starting to truly disgust me. It’s the worst kind of high school cliquing only they’re supposed to be adults.

Tommy is the only one in the power alliance who is even reacting to the situation like a human being.

12. Danny99

This is the first season where I have episodes on the DVR and I've said "nah, I'd rather watch this random home renovation show instead." If the power alliance weren't such horrible human beings, I might be more inclined to watch.

13. JirinPanthosa

Thursday's episode redeemed a few people slightly to me.

I'm at the point though where if I don't happen to be home when it airs I might not bother catching it on streaming.

14. JirinPanthosa

Four evictees, four minorities.

There’s a new White House in town.

15. Danny99

The other side of the house literally had a chance to line up and take out a major player and they didn't. It was like watching a slow motion crash that you can't stop. I don't know what possibly made them vote out a weaker Bella, a player that was clearly on the outs with the six, and keep a player that is a physical threat that no one on their side could defeat.

Nick or Sam will go this week, followed the next week by the other one, then Cliff, then Nicole, then Jess and finally Kat. Then Christie and Tommy. And then it comes down to whether Jack and Jackson go with their girls or keep their bromance together, but one of them will win this season and we will have another horrible season of Big Brother.

16. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    I should have gotten an email notification of this thread starting and didn't.

Okay, here are my views:

I like Cliff. I'd love to see him win. Of course he won't, but it would be nice if he made it to the final 3 (and probably a first for the show, that an older person makes it that far).

I really wish they would stop casting people who look alike. There are about four of the women who I can't tell apart (who is "Sis"?), and the only way I can tell the blondes apart is because one of them is obnoxious and the other one has an accent that hurts my ears.

Jack is pretty to look at. But I don't like him. I do foresee him in the final three, since he's good at manipulating people.

17. JirinPanthosa

Missed last two eps being out with friends so looked up the results.

Sucks to see Sam go, he was the most likable one! But at least someone who might actually attack the powerful men got the HoH.

Right now the people I like are Cliff, Tommy. I might be rooting for Tommy because out of all the actual decent people in the house he’s the only one with a game,

18. Danny99

"Sis" is Analyse, "Michie" is Jackson & "Kat" is Kathryn. It gets confusing because Julie calls some Jackson by his nickname and the women by their actual names and same with the people doing the graphics. Production, as usual, has made a mess of it.

Timewalker likes this.
  19. JirinPanthosa

Yeah, when they said the Big Brother casting director was brought in for Survivor casting I was like “God no!”

Tired of these generic narcissistic low 20s hotties.

At least the big alliance is breaking up.

20. EnderAKH

EnderAKH Commodore Premium Member

I just wish they would show a FRACTION of Jack and Michie/Jackson's awfulness on the show instead of editing Jack to be this great, huggable guy.