Best Picard/Kamen kid from "Inner light" Meribor or Batai?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Jayson1, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think his daughter was more intresting. I liked how she was like him and into science and exploring. Doesn't hurt that the actress was talented and sexy. I'm surprised they never brought her back in another role on any of the Trek shows.
    Batai has one scene but the problem is they made him to square to buy into the idea that this was someone who was kind of rebellious or lost not knowing what he wanted out of his life. We should have seen him more angry or high on drugs who wants to go start a flute playing band in his friends garage. It is neat that the actor was played by Stewart's real son. I also liked that years later he would also play his son again on "Blunt Talk" and he looks really different. Real burley type of look who was a boxer I believe. A complete departure on how he looked on Trek.

Jason

2. Jayson1

Why won't anyone join my thread?:(

Jason

3. Shikarnov

Shikarnov Rear Admiral Premium Member

Pittsburgh, PA - (TX, CT, & RF in years past)
    Batai's problem wasn't that he was lost; it was that he knew who he was and was worried about his father's opinion. And not every musician needs to have long hair and smoke dope and start rock bands (or wish they did). Most go on to be talented lyricists, composers, conductors, orchestra players, teachers, and more -- and these people dwarf the stereotype ten to one.

I like that he was a square, as you put it, because most musicians actually are.

All that said, I liked his daughter very much also. She was the embodiment of Star Trek and very much Jean Luc Picard's child -- which added to the tragedy.

4. Nakita Akita

Nakita Akita Commodore Commodore

Meh, I never liked that episode anyway.

5. Tracy Trek

Tracy Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I liked the scene with Meribor when she's telling him she realizes the planet is dying. You can see how he has influenced her love of science and finding the truth.

6. Herbert

Herbert Commodore Commodore

For some reason, I really like that episode. I shouldn't but I do.

7. Jayson1

Why shouldn't you? I didn't see anything to controversial in it. Perhaps the only flaw is that it takes place inside Picard's head and evryone else doesn't have much to do in the episode but those seem kind of minor in terms of being issues.

Jason

8. Herbert

Herbert Commodore Commodore

You're right in that there's nothing controversial about it. It just doesn't seem like the type of episode I would like but for some reason it strikes a cord with me. The only odd thing for me is that Meribor talks with an American accent and Batai talks with a British one.