Best Acting

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by commodore64, May 9, 2009.

1. commodore64

commodore64 Vice Admiral Admiral

It's hard to compare the new cast with the old. I mean, it's hard to be Nimoy's Spock or Shatner's Kirk. But I gotta say Urban was an excellent McCoy! Gosh, it's probably blaspheme to say, but I almost felt like he improved on the character. At the very least I thought DeForrest was smiling from above.

Who did you particularly like?

2. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Mccoy easily, perfect perfect perfect McCoy

Pine and Quinto also, they are Kirk and Spock, I get it

and Chekov, and Sulu

and Scotty

lol, all of them are just like the originals! haha

3. Trilliam

Trilliam Captain Captain

It was very well cast. I enjoyed and appreciated the effort the cast put into getting "inside" the heads of the characters they played.

4. PluckyNinja

PluckyNinja Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I thought Ben Cross made a very good Vulcan. Different then Mark Lenard, but still good.

Everyone else was awesome. Spock, Bones, Kirk, Scotty. Fantastic. Sulu was good but didn't stand out, maybe he just didn't have enough to do. Chekov was good but I'm not sure I liked his accent.

5. chineserapper05

chineserapper05 Captain Captain

the humor from the original series is back. not to say the tng movies were lacking humor.. but this time, it just didn't seem forced..

6. donners22

donners22 Commodore Commodore

There wasn't really anything challenging for them, so it's hard to assess. Urban and Greenwood had the most presence.

7. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

McCoy, definitely McCoy. he also seemed to be a big winner with the theater I was in; he definitely drew the most laughs. Quinto's Spcok was a close second. Chris Pine was awesome as well, but I wasnt nearly as impressed with him as I was with Spock and McCoy, I guess because "the rebel badass" is just such a common character type now.

Pegg's Scotty was pretty impressive as well. Overall everyone was great, my girlfriend going as far as calling it the best ensamble cast shes watched since Lord of the Rings (and keep in mind, this is her first trek expereince ever, so shes hardly a gushing fan girl).

Hopefully next time there will be a little more for Sulu and especialy Chekov to do

8. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

I was very impressed with Zoƫ Saldana. I think she nailed every single one of her scenes.

9. Kpnuts

Kpnuts Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Pine, Quinto and Urban were phenomenal.

The others were excellent as well. Saldana was good but wasn't given a huge amount to do unfortunately.

I liked what I saw of Cho, and hope he's given more to do in the sequel.

10. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

I wonder what they plan on doing for Cho in the future. Are they going to try and tap into his comedic aspect or try to play him more serious (kind of like the original sulu)

11. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

I guess it's never too early to start those Excelsior campaigns, right? :D

12. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Chris Pine, hands down! He nailed Kirk (and a lot of chicks apparently). And the rest of the cast was just outstanding.

13. Kpnuts

Kpnuts Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd rather Sulu didn't go too comedic. Personally I'd prefer the semi-serious Sulu we got here.

Then again, the bit where he can't get the Enterprise to go to warp was one of my favourites from the film.

14. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought Cho's Sulu felt very professional. Even when he forgot to turn off the external inertial dampeners, he came across as an intelligent, competent officer who just happened to make a mistake.

15. Orac Zen

Orac Zen Mischief Manager Super Moderator

People I liked: Quinto (who absolutely nailed Spock), Pine, Saldana, Greenwood.

People who didn't completely convince me but who I didn't dislike: Urban (I readily admit, though, that no one but DeForest Kelley could ever convince me in that part), Yelchin (overdid the accent), Cho (had nothing like enough to do).

Only sour note: Cross. I thought he lacked any sort of charisma, gravitas and presence. I readily admit that I'm biased here, too, but he was much more offputting for me than Urban.

To each their own, of course. :bolian:

16. Captain Pike

Captain Pike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think I'd have to say Pine.

Honorable mentions to Urban, Greenwood & Quinto. I also rather liked Pegg. Everyone was pretty good really.

17. starbuck

starbuck Captain Captain

I thought the all nailed there parts the humour was perfect its felt like trek with new energy and the ended with kirk in the chair felt like a end of the epsiode he just looked so right i can't wait for the next one

18. DiSiLLUSiON

DiSiLLUSiON Commodore Commodore

I did not experience a moment where I felt one of the characters weren't who they supposed to were. So yes, good acting all around.

19. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can't decide.

I loved Karl Urban but I also liked everyone else. It's tough.

20. flightmech73

flightmech73 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I thought they were all great. I guess my only complaint is Ben Cross. Hes a great actor but i really didn't get Sarek from him. There was comment of Yelchin's accent. I really like it. It was perfect that the comp couldn't recongnise the voice camands. I thought that was damn funny. Brings ya back to Nuclear Wessels.