"Berman vs Braga: Battle Royale!"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Jayson1, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

RIck Berman sat in his cell hearing the roar of the crowd yelling "Death, Death,Death!", in muffled tones through the thick cement walls. Tears pouring down his face. "Why are they doing this? I gave them my heart and soul!" he thought to himself." He looked at his "last meal" which contained a hot pocket and juice box and consumed it. He felt a flash of anger." I could have moved to some sunny tropical island filled with half naked girls but no I had to give them more!" he stood up urged by his thoughts. "Over 20 years of sacrifice,when I was rich before I had even gave them 10 and I stayed!" Berman raised his fist in anger, thoughts no longer enough and screamed, "HOW DARE YOU PEOPLE! YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW SOME OF THE THINGS I TALKED RODDENBERRY OUT OF! THE SEASON WERE THE ENTERPRISE CREW WOULD REVERT TO SPACE HIPPIES, OR THE IDEA OF PICARD ENDING ALL CONFLICT IN THE UNIVERSE WITH A SPEECH BROADCAST BY ALIEN TECHNOLOGY TO EVER PLANET IN EXISTENCE."

"Quiet You!" Berman turned and noticed the guard had entered and spoke. He was a frail white 40 something male wearing a TNG season 3 outfit, with metallic shoulder pads, armoured vest and motorcycle helmet with spikes and starfleet insigna painted on it. "Come World Destroyer and meet your fate!" He poked him with a broken bat'leth pieced together with added metal parts that looked like they might have been from a motorcycle. Berman had no choice but to leave the room and wonder what that fate was going to be.

Meanwhile in another cell Brannon Braga cowered under his bed. His guard would be back soon and she had warned she was going to do something to him he wouldn't like. She was a strong beautiful, Latino women, age 35 or so who took great joy in making him suffer. First she forced him to wear some of the demeaning catsuits that had Seven wear and then he had to write personal apology letters to Jennifer Lien, in hopes she might still be out their in the ruins of what used to be America. She fed him something even Satan wouldn't do to people in Hell and that is rice cakes and Taco Bell which had been the only business left standing when the country collapsed.

Braga knew he was being punished for his role in Star Trek but he had thought all had been forgiven with "Orville" He had tried to tell his guard that UPN had made him do the things he did but nobody would listen. She was oviously bright and intelligent but when society falls it seems even the smartest can give in to hate. The door opened and she entered. Dressed in full "Starfleet" dress uniform,complete with a actual functioning starfleet phaser riffle built from a toy phaser connected to a power cell designed from materials picked up from the ruins of NASA headquarters. "Time to pay!" She said to Braga as he cowered while she pointed her phaser at him.

With no choice he crawled out from under his bed and stood up and faced her, tried to adjust his tattered clothes to at least look somewhat dignified. She quietly said "Boo." and his dignity collapsed and he fainted but it was a small faint and he got back up. She smiled "Let's go World Destroyer. The Army of Trek Salvation awaits us!" She pointed and he walked out of his cell for the last time.

Berman and Braga were now face to face. They were outdoors and they noticed that their cells had been in a makeshift habitat that now stood about 20 yards behind them. Each man stood and looked at each other with confusion as to why they had both been gathered. They were surrounded by what looked like it could have been thousands of people of all shapes and colors, and genders with the one common connection being they all wore Star Trek outfits, modified for possible combat situations. They had clearly seen battle, no doubt in a effort to survive the harsh elements of post-society America.

"What do you think about my Army of Trek Salvation, gentlemen?" The voice was a blast from the past an both Berman and Braga knew who it was but couldn't see clearly to confirm it. The sky was covered due to being in a nuclear winter so it was hard to see in the dark and the various search lights was hardly enough to pick up that particular person. That was when another one was turned on and directed at a elevated throne! On that throne sat, Ronald Moore!

"Bet you guys thought you never would see me again!" He laughed a big belly laugh and only stopped to drink his wine and munch on his Nacho Bell Grande. "As you can see I have finally found my third calling after Trek and BSG." Berman yelled out "Your a Mad Man. I demand you release me!" Braga on the other hand dropped to his knee's and raised his arms to the sky, "Oh please great leader of the Army of Trek Salvation, let me join you." He bowed his head in silence, an said "I will do anything" I will even let have solo credit for "All Good Things."

Moore stood up from his throne. Beard still in place though more shaggy and hair formed in Klingon style to match his Klingon uniform walked up to Braga and pulled him up from the ground so he was on his feet and leaned in, "These people already accept I did all the work on that script, nothing you say can change that, " and laughed again as he returned and stood near his throne. "But don't fear my fellow Trekmates I have a fun way for you to join me and live to see another day." Moore made a hand gesture to a man in Borg gear, with hand grenades attached all over his suit and the man went to a place outside of the lighted area's of where everyone was and soon returned with two Lirpa's.

Moore had a Lirpa in each hand. "I suspect both of you know what these things are." Berman and Braga shook their heads no in unison. Berman spoke, "Remember we don't like TOS. If I had to make a guess those are Klingon pain sticks." Moore bellowed his rage to those who watched them. "See my fellow followers! This is why the world ended! They spent years working on Trek and don't know what a Lirpa, is." He calmed himself and returned his gaze to Berman and Braga. "Do you know how the world ended?" Berman and Braga once again shook their heads no in unison. Berman spoke, "It was a nuke on America but we never found out why it happened." Moore then responded. "Then today you will finally get the answer to that question."

Moore moved closer to them for dramatic effect. "It all started in the year 2017 when CBS tried to bring Trek back to tv in a show called "Discovery." It was a show that was going to make Trek, great again. Only thing is it looked like no Trek before it. " Moore looked in both of their eyes to see if they were still listening, to their credit they were. "It seems a massive conflict broke out among the fans, what we like to call the canon wars. Some saw it as a reboot and others felt it was in the prime universe.", "Well it seems Trek is very popular with people in the armed services and the debate spread to those fans. Before you new it you had pro-reboot military Generals, lauching tank attacks on other military people who were, pro-prime universe and vice versa." The color in Berman and Braga, faces started to turn white, at this revelation. Moore then finished, "Well President Trump didn't know what to do so he did what he always wanted to do and that is use a Nuke, only he did it on American soul.

Berman felt sickened and fell to the ground and pounded his fist "You really did it. You maniac's. You Blew it up. Goddam you, Goddam you all to Hell! You destroyed America because of make believe stuff that isn't real!" Moore, quick to defend himself from the verbal attack yelled and pointed his finger at both Berman and Braga, "No you did it! When Voyager and Enterprise wasn't good enough it ended old school Trek. It opened the door for "Discovery." Moore then looked at both Lirpa' still in his hands and then back towards Berman and Braga. "That doesn't matter, anymore. Now it's time to find out what I think you already know and that is what I expect from both of you. I want you to fight, with these weapons in what I am going to call a Battle Royale. Winner is who ever is alive at the end gets to join my army."

Berman and Braga huddled up and talked in whispers. Moore looked on and then Berman aproached Moore and talked. "We accept but before we do this you got to admit that you were wrong to talk bad about Voyager all those, years ago." Moore, afraid to look bad in front of his army, hesitated but then agreed. He figured the battle would be enough to apease them even if they might think he looked weak for making the compromise. "Now that I agree to your requirement I should note that this is sacred ground you are fighting on. You can't see because of the darkness but this is Vasques Rock were the most epic Trek story and battle, ever told was filmed so I don't want any cussing on this hollowed ground. " Berman and Braga took their Lirpa's and Berman answered back. "I like "Who Watches the Watchers" as well so I agree to your terms." Moore bit his lip and returned to sit on his throne.

Berman and Braga both lifted their Lirpa to their waste and held it sideways. Suddenly the music from "Amok Time" started playing. Berman and Braga looked confused, "It's just to enhance the Drama" Moore said and then help up a old IPhone to show were the music was coming from. "Now begin!" yelled Moore. Berman started to swing his Lirpa madly at Braga knocking his weapon out of his hand. Braga, screetched and charged right into Berman, head first knocking Berman down to the ground were his Lirpa also fell to the ground. Braga gasped and blurted out to anyone who could hear "I am a warrior!" Berman taking advantage of his boast grabbed his shoe and tried to lift him up and knock him down which did work but it also made him fall on top of Berman with his entire body. Both yelled and grabbed their backs. Moore yelled out "Fight, harder!"

It was clear though that all the motion and contact had made each of them get back spasms. Neither was in great shape, at least not in great Lirpa fighting shape and they just lied on the ground. Berman pleaded "Does anyone have any painkillers?" and Braga just cried. Moore, embarrassed as he noticed his army starting to get restless and yells of "We should have followed Ira Behr" could be heard by some. Moore stood up. "You want blood I will give you blood!" and just as he said that the sound of a Tardis could be heard as it surrounded Berman and Braga and just as quickly disapeared with both fighters also gone as well. Moore gulped!

Berman and Braga still in pain saw a older man aproach him in funny looking clothes and he gave them each a couple of pain killers for their troubles. "Hello my fellow show creators. My name is Steven Moffat" He smiled "Welcome to my Tardis. As you can see it's bigger on the inside than the outside, or you would have if you had seen the outside." Berman and Braga still felt pain but noticed it was getting a little better and got up and sat down on a couple of chairs. The looked around the room. A circular computer console in the middle, white circles around the outer wall. A HD tv and entertainment system complete with what looked like the most comfortable couch. "What is this place, who are you and where are we going?" Berman said. Braga chimed in "We don't have to fight anymore do we?"

Moffat operated the many controls and gadgets of the middle circular computer console as he answered. "First I will start with the last question and the answer is no. Your days of battle are over." Berman and Braga both let out a sigh of relief. "To answer your other questions. This is a spaceship, which I started building back in 2005, with some scientist friends. Basically it can go all over the galaxy and has almost infinite space inside it but don't ask for time travel. This is real life and not science fiction so don't think any of that silly stuff is possible." He then proceeded to the net question. "You know my name but who I was, is a fellow tv creator like you. I wrote and ran a British tv show called "Doctor Who." and my even better show called "Sherlock." Braga piped up "Cool! DId you know Lucy Lui?" Moffat rolled his eyes but didn't bother to correct him. " Where we are going I should answer why I am going first."

Moffat decided he wanted them to more focus on his words when he told this part so he, Berman and Braga went and sat on his couch. I worked on the show "Doctor Who" and eventually became the show runner, but like your fellows my show also had a rabid fanbase and I knew I was going to need to someday find a extra way to please them." He sighed at his own memories. "I was kind of hated at the end and I suspected that day would come and I had hoped to win back their love by introducing the very first, real Tardis, which is what this machine is, and I figured this would do the trick. What I didn't expect was my tenure would end at the same time as a big change to show was going to be introduced and that is Female Doctor, the Doctor being the shows hero who changes shapes every few years and we get a new actor.

Berman shook his head knowing what came next. "Let me guess Nerd fighting leading to nuclear war, destroying all of Europe." Moffat started to tear up but instead took a stiff upper lip. "It was a sad end but not all is lost. When I was testing this ship to see if it would operate in space I discovered a planet filled with people like us. Former show runners and creators who were their but even more remarkable is it turns out this planet is Heaven. It seems when you die, if you created a sci- fi or genre based show your soul goes to this planet. I encountered the likes of Gene Roddenberry, Rod Sterling and Sydney Newman just to name a few." Berman and Braga looked amazed. "So what does that mean for us?" Braga stated. Moffat gave the final answer. "It means we will be the first to get their while we are alive for one. But more important it mean we will finally be at home."

Jason

Unimatrix Q and Orac like this.
  2. Jayson1

I was curious what people think? Was it okay or bad?

Jason

3. Orac

Orac Fleet Admiral Admiral

Brilliant! 9 out of 10! I deducted a point because there's a couple of typos. :cool:

4. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Aren't Berman and Braga essentially the same person?

5. Jayson1

I'm surprised their is only a couple. :lol: I am terrible at spelling.

Jason

6. Jayson1

I see Berman being more of a Alpha type and Braga more of a sidekick.

Jason

Orac likes this.
  7. Jayson1

It's been awhile and wondering if anyone else had any opinions on the story?

Jason