Baby Trek II: The Wrath of Siblings

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Guartho, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Guartho

Guartho Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A couple of hours ago my wife and I ran into the bathroom to find a very faint second pink line. So, she went out and bought another test. This one had a digital readout and quite unambiguously says "Pregnant" on its little screen.

So, my little four-year-old is now a big sister. My wife has only missed one day so it is very very early. We're not telling anyone but a handful of people, especially not four-year-old daughter, but since we're all anonymous here, I can get some excitement out.

WE'RE HAVING ANOTHER BABY!

That is all.

2. Avalon

Avalon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

*squeal* Congratulations! :D

3. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Congrats! :bolian::bolian:

4. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Are periods really that regular that you get suspicious after only one day? Man, women's bodies keep great time!

5. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Grats!!! Sending good wishes for a healthy pregnancy. :)

It depends on the woman. The time span from ovulation to the beginning of the next period is generally the same from cycle to cycle for women though, so if a woman is keeping track, she could easily notice.

6. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

You crazy girls with your menstruation. :p

7. Kestra

You have no idea.

8. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Small blessings.

9. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Congrats on the sequel. Maybe it will turn into a franchise. :bolian:

10. Guartho

Thanks everyone. We're pretty excited. Though we're also a little nervous today because this morning she took another test as soon as she got up and there's no second line. When I looked at it a few hours later I saw a very faint second line, but I know you're not supposed to go by what they show after 10 minutes. Anyway, I figure the two tests yesterday couldn't have been wrong so I'm hopeful. She's going to test again this afternoon after she gets home from school. We're just praying it's not a miscarriage of a pregnancy that we probably shouldn't have known about in the first place.

We have been deliberately trying to have another one for a couple of months so we've been keeping more careful track than might be usual.

As far as keeping great time, usually I know when it's time better than she does. I usually know a day ahead of time when she says "I'm tired, but we'll have sex tomorrow night, I promise."

Seriously though, she took a couple of tests last night because she "just felt funny today" and we figured out it should be day one or two of her period later. I just mentioned that she'd just missed a day to let you all know how very early it is in the pregnancy.

Quiet you.

11. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Great news! Congratulations!

12. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Knitting is honourable Admiral

Congratulations! :bolian:

13. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Congratulations Guartho!

14. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

:angel:

15. bluedana

bluedana Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Congrats! Keeping my fingers crossed that this will be an uneventful nine (ten) months for you.

16. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Congrats and best wishes!

Love your thread title, btw. :bolian:

17. Guartho

TMI update:

We were a little worried for awhile when my wife began cramping and doing some bleeding. The bleeding did not match the descriptions of implantation bleeding she found online. We've made the one-way hour and half trek to the OBGYN's office twice for blood draws and lab work.

Her "pregnancy hormone" level on Friday was 40, which is in the range, but very low. It was also very early in the pregnancy so 40 is nothing to freak out about.

Over the weekend the bleeding stopped, but the cramping has only mildly subsided

Yesterday we did another blood draw and the hormone level is 220 which is great news. It needed to have at least doubled since Friday and it almost quadrupled.

On the 14th she goes in for a sonogram to make sure the baby is implanted in the uterus. An ectopic pregnancy is our big fear now ( a close friend and his wife went through 2 of those), but we're starting to be cautiously optimistic.

18. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Fingers crossed for you guys!

19. Kestra

Try to help her not stress too much, and just focus on being healthy for the baby. Healthy vibes to mom and baby!

20. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Congrats!
    Of course, now you have to switch from a zone to a man-to-man defense.