At the Prophet's Door - new DRGIII TNG novel?

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by DarkHorizon, Sep 24, 2011.

1. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Captain Captain

2. Thrawn

Thrawn Rear Admiral Premium Member

That has to be the first part of the duology. And, as I predicted, given that title, is going to have a LOT to do with DS9.

3. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh please dear God, let this be true. I was hoping his two new novels would focus more on DS9, and even after the announcement that they would be a Typhon Pact two-parter I held on to that hope. If this title is true, it can only involve DS9 quite a lot!!

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, not necessarily. For example, Orion's Hounds had nothing to do with the Orions.

5. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

I'm cautiously optimistic. My mind is buzzing with possible story ideas I know I can't post!

6. Mage

In my mind, it is very true! ;) ;)

Ofcourse it's possible it will have nothing to do with DS9, but I for one truly hopes it does. Most DS9 fans agree that Pocket has been treating the DS9 universe poorly lately, favoring TOS, TNG and VOY. Sure, DS9 characters were used in other novels blablabla, but DS9 fans have been waiting for a full one, proper DS9 novel ever since Soul Key. So, here's hoping!!!

7. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

Did DRGIII explicitly say he was writing a DS9-focused two-parter?

8. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Captain Captain

The details he gave after Shore Leave were as follows, and I quote:

9. Mage

No, nothing is known expect that it will deal with the Typhon Pact and the two titels stated on Memory Beta.

10. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

"Cover is NOT final" - you mean, DRG3 won't be on the front cover? ;)

11. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Or Baskervilles

12. Julio Angel Ortiz

Julio Angel Ortiz Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, that cracked me up. If you look at the Destiny omnibus, it has a picture of D-Mack with the same "Cover is not final" text. To which I found no end of amusement. :guffaw:

13. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I really hope this is 'Full Circle'-esque DS9 tale that sets a new direction for DS9 and fills in the gap with flashbacks well enough for us to move on to the future.

DS9forever likes this.
  14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

EDIT: Just saw Ryan123450's post: Well, since it is apparently being marked TNG, it probably won't be that heavily focused on DS9.

Hmmm, I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed that this does involve more than a few DS9 elements.

15. PKS8304

PKS8304 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Isnt the current ship's counselor on Ent-E a Bajoran? Maybe DRG3 will delve a little into his story here?

16. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

With a title at the prophets door it sounds like it will have ds9 elements meaning the wormhole aliens or other aliens from the gamma quadrant are involved somehow in the storyline with a title like I think ds9 fans have been waiting along time for certain ds9 storylines to be wrapped up since Soul key was the last ds9 novel.While there's alot of TNG books being released the last few years how about a few more ds9 books being published that are either a miniseries or stand alone novels please.lt would be nice to see ds9 characters in the books again that would have a larger storyline than an ocassional mention in a brief scene.

17. BrotherBenny

BrotherBenny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We know the Prophets are important to the Bajorans, Eav'oq (please, no more jokes) and the Ascendants, and there's some likelihood that they also influenced the Hebitians as well since all four are clustered around the wormhole in one way or another.

At the Prophet's Door could refer to the Ascendants returning to the Celestial Temple (which would be the Prophets' Door)which in turn would indicate that the Ascendant storyline will be wrapped up.

DRG3 writes doorstop novels so as mentioned above I'm hoping that that this will be a Full Circle type story to bring DS9 in line. I never did like the 5 year jump but there's nothing I can do about it.

18. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Second this. That poor horse has been beaten into the ground more thouroughly than "what do have t read before Articles of the Federation" jokes.

19. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Maybe we should start a new category of jokes. How about communicator jokes?

Boop-boop!
    "Who's there?"
    "Uhura."
    "Uhura who?"
    "Uhura you expecting, Hoshi Sato?"

Or maybe not...

20. Thrawn

Thrawn Rear Admiral Premium Member

Um.