Are the Angels Time Lords?

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Sparky, May 13, 2010.

1. Sparky

Sparky Commodore Commodore

I have been thinking about the link between the Weeping Angels and the Time Lords ever since last seasons' finale.

The Angels hold their hands over their faces and so do the disgraced time Lords. They even mention that the angels influenced that pose. The Angels are as old as time itself and feed on time and the Time Lords of course monitor/influence time. The Time Lords wanted to ascend and destroy all of time after breaking out of the time lock but they were defeated.

What if the Angels are the Time Lord race itself that discovered a way out of the time lock and now are trying to resurrect the Time Lords after billions of years. Am I off my rocker or might this make an interesting storyline?

2. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

I thought the Angels covered their eyes to stop them from being placed in such a way that they could ending up looking at each other and becoming deadlocked.

3. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

4. Sparky

Exactly, and the Time Lords were "deadlocked" so to speak and had the losing members cover their eyes like the weeping angels so the remaining members in the starwars ripoff "senate" could not "see" them. Did the TimeLords get this from the Angels or did the Angels continue the TimeLord tradition? (however necessary to the quantum deadlock) Wibbly Wobbly......

5. Sparky

While I appreciate your opinion. I would hope that you can give an explanation that is a tad bit more verbose.

6. Pavonis

Pavonis Commodore Commodore

I don't think you're off your rocker, but I don't think it would make an interesting story line. The premise is exceedingly thin, on the level of Kamino = Hoth or Naboo = Dagobah.

Your reasons for thinking the Angels are Time Lords relies on a very flimsy relationship. Just because the Angels cover their eyes and two Time Lords happened to cover their eyes in the same way doesn't mean that the Angels are Time Lords.

In sum, no. Just no.

7. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

What ? What possible reasoning could lead someone to either conclusion ? :lol:

8. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

I had an idea they might be timelords too. Or timelords gone very wrong. I think a few around here thought the two were related.

9. O'Dib

O'Dib Commodore Commodore

It's not a bad idea. They could be an evolutionary development parallel or prior to the Time Lords. Like a dangerous beast/predator from their planet.

10. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

"Angels are almost as old as the Universe itself."

That's what the Doctor said, so I'm guessing Angels existed before the first Time Lords came into existence.

11. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Time Lords got it from the Angels. To quote Rassilon:

"The vote is taken, only two stand against. As testament to their shame, they shall stand with us like the Weeping Angels of old. And now the vanguard stands prepared, the children of Gallifrey are ready to rejoin the universe. To Earth!"

12. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think it's an awful, fan-wanky idea that basically goes nowhere and undermines both the scariness of the Weeping Angels and the Time Lords (who are, as ever, far more interesting in their absence than in their presence).

13. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

you're off your rocker, chum

14. Bacl

Bacl Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

No, that's nonsense. Are the Cybermen early Daleks? Are the Sontarans really clones of The Rani? Did the Federation really build the TARDIS as a way to destroy Darth Vader's trans-dimentional Death Star?

No.

15. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

It makes even less sense now anyway. The way Ten defeated the angels shouldn't have worked if they were the same species we saw in the recent episodes; they saw each other several times while advancing. Only the one(s) traveling at the front of the pack should have had a chance of being free to move, and only if they didn't witness any of their brethren out of the corner of their eyes.

Course, the whole "race" is pretty goofy in and of itself. But that's par of the course in Doctor Who.

16. Australis

Well, aside from all of the above, while I can see where you're coming from, it's overthinking the Whoniverse. I do it too (Daleks and Time Lords are the same species on an endless loop through time!), but usually discard it as... overthinking. Or crazed, unreasoned fanwank. YMMV. :)

17. BlastHardcheese

BlastHardcheese Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I think the sight of the angels moving on camera for the first time undermined their scariness more than any fanwanky idea could.

18. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

So if they aren't related why the heck did the time lords who voted against, have to do an angel pose?

19. Australis

It wasn't an angel pose, it was simply covering their face in a pose of 'shame'. The angels use that to cover their eyes from each other, I think.

(btw, I still think the other Time Lord with the covered face is 11. Have a look, think about it. :D)

20. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Because Rassilon had a thing for the Angels?