Apocolypse PA

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Captain Mike, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Captain Mike

Captain Mike Commodore Commodore

I just recently sat through an hour and a half of this show called Apocolypse PA on the History Channel.It is a good premise on how a family could "self-sustain" themselves after the collapse of modern civilization, such as making a truck that runs on manure, making moonshine to barter goods with from scratch, and making your own gunpowder. Although it was entertaining, a little less informational (especially where you can get your engine built for manure...:shifty:) Like most shows it was made for the pure entertainment value. Well it gave me a good head start to start looking up on how to make moonshine anyways....;)...:lol:

2. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Commodore

Of all of the crappy reality shows that pretend to be educational in some way, this show is one of the better ones. I caught it the other day and liked it instant;y. The dad is awsome, he clearly is not an idiot, but clearly insane too.:lol:
    I love the still they made. The daughter asks if it is legal, i'm saying out loud, "NO!" I live in Maryland and meet a lot of Pensilvanians, these guys most certianly representative of thier state.

3. Captain Mike

Captain Mike Commodore Commodore

DEFINITELY not saying I don't like it, but To me it just seemed to skip around some events. Such as using a gas powered lawn mower to make the Corn Meal for still. I was thinking that "Gee, didn't that dry fast? Or what happens when you do not have any gas to power that lawn mower?....:wtf:
    The still on the other hand would come in handy.....:techman:

Oh, and BTW we "Pennsilvanians, would rather be called "PennsYlvanians" ...;)...:lol: