Anyone watch the text commentaries on DVD?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by SFRabid, Jul 13, 2010.

1. SFRabid

SFRabid Commodore Commodore

I'm watching Vox Sola and decided to do the text commentary version. I didn't think it was be interesting but it is pretty good. The bad thing, you cannot take your eyes off of the screne to type on the forum. :cool:

Did anyone notice in the opening scene that Trip opens a door by using the com system control?

2. Trekwatcher

Trekwatcher Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They are pretty good. It is hard to have it on if you want to really watch the episode, but a lot of fun and good info there.

3. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes I've watched the dvd text commentaries the ones for Impulse was really intersting when it mentions Scott Bakula was carrying Jolene on that narrow pipe and that was like six or seven feet off the ground.I also like how they told about the photography tricks they used to make it look like they had more Vulcan crewmembers than they had.I also liked the one they had for carbon Creek and North Star.

4. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've been watching them for the available episodes, but sometimes they can be a little distracting, especially considering I've never seen the episodes before. The other night, I was watching Stigma, and Archer, T'Pol and the Vulcan Douchebag Directorate were having a lengthy debate on the mind meld disease and multiple walls of text suddenly appear on the screen, so I'm trying to read through these and listen to the Vulcan Doctor try to convert Archer and T'Pol to his douchebag way of thinking.

5. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

It wasn't douchebag thinking, it was a logical understanding of the place of telepathy in their understanding of Surak's teaching about the suppression of emotion. They had no reason not to believe it was dangerous and a threat to Vulcan society's commitment to living as Surak taught. If you value emotional suppression and being self contained and associate the lack of these with once every seven years sex it is going to seem a deviant act to mind meld and potentially break down those barriers.