Anyone playing ST: Online on the PS4?

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by OldManDoom, Sep 8, 2016.

1. OldManDoom

OldManDoom Lieutenant Red Shirt

I never had a chance to play this game in the past and I just saw that it's available on PS4 for free, so I'm downloading it now. Any other players out there on PS4? It would be cool to have some people to play with.

Send a friend request to WyndomEarle if you're interested in playing. Thanks!

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I will probably be getting it tomorrow and I did see a few other people talking about playing it on the PS4 in the thread for the game up at the top of the forum.

3. ItIsGreen

ItIsGreen Captain Captain

I am - enjoying it so far!

Feel free to add me - PSN ID is Painreliever. Not on a lot but hit me up if you see me online.

4. Anthony Sabre

Anthony Sabre Commodore Commodore

I installed it earlier this week and have played a little each night. After playing on PC for the past 6 years, playing on the PS4 definitely feels slower. Ground isn't too much different but space is markedly slower.

5. pteal1979

pteal1979 Tal Shiar's Most Wanted Red Shirt

If anyone is interested in forming a new trekbbs fleet for the PS4, I've set up a community page 'TrekBBS Armada' please join if your interested.
    Once there is enough of us online we can then form a new fleet :) (will need 5 players)

6. retroenzo

retroenzo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Nope but I'm playing it on the Xbox One and enjoying it much more than I did when I played the PC version.

7. DrBob

DrBob Commander Red Shirt

I didn't know it was out, must give it a go later.
    My laptop & internet connection wasn't up to it when it first launched.

8. Balok's Decoy

Balok's Decoy Commodore Commodore

I'm playing it on XBox One. I don't have much experience with MMORPGs, so the learning curve is huge. I'm still figuring things out.

9. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

All this has done is increase my desperation for a good Star Trek game. I'd probably be impressed if I was playing this fifteen years ago on my PS2.

10. Anthony Sabre

Anthony Sabre Commodore Commodore

:lol: That's probably because the base engine for this game was rolled out about 15 years ago, for an MMO called City of Heroes. Lots of improvements since then but still the same basic flow and functionality.

11. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & Somewhere..! Moderator

I just fired it up today. Boy am I struggling with the controls vs the PC version. That camera angle / aiming stick is killing me. :lol:
    Haven't played the PC version really in over a year. The PS4 version seems to be a lot different.

12. Alpha Romeo

Alpha Romeo Vice Admiral Admiral

Just started last night - the controls are taking some getting used to.