Anyone live in Croydon?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by WraithDukat, Oct 5, 2018.

1. WraithDukat

WraithDukat Captain Captain

The people I work for say they need me in their Croydon office, they've made me an offer I can't refuse. Is it a nice place to live? I know you're pretty much in London when you're in Croydon. Does anyone live there and have anything to say about it?

2. Mytran

Mytran Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My cousin and her family have lived in Croydon for decades and generally don't grumble about it.
    To me, it seems as busy and as built up as most parts of London, but I am no expert on big cities (I live in North Wales!)

WraithDukat likes this.
  3. The_Baron

The_Baron Captain Captain

Depends where you live now. I wouldn't leave Bournemouth to go and work at my companys Croydon office, that's for sure.

Did an overnight there once, and it's pretty grim.

WraithDukat likes this.
  4. WraithDukat

Edinburgh, it's mind numbingly boring here after a while. Plus I'm English and the Scots don't like us much.

5. The_Baron

The_Baron Captain Captain

Ive not been to Edinburgh so cant compare, but while I love London, Croydon is an utter dive.

I honestly couldnt wait to leave.
    This said, its very easy to commute to from quite a wide area, if you can work there but live elsewhere theres some pretty nice places near by.

6. Phil123

Phil123 Commander Red Shirt

Bits are pretty crap, but not all. Depends where. There is a big Ikea!

7. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Vice Admiral Moderator

I went to Edinburgh last week, much prettier than Croydon and the other 31 London boroughs.

8. WraithDukat

I've took the job. Ediburgh is nice as in it's leafy and full of Castles but Christ is it dull.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    rhubarbodendron likes this.
  9. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

Congratulations :)
    There used to be a lounges mod, Darkening. He's from Croydon but hardly ever lurks here anymore. RL taking its toll, I presume.
    Croydon is nice in places and terrible in others. It's pretty much like a tiny version of London itself. A few years ago there were riots and lots of violence in some areas. Others are very peaceful. It always depends on which part of it you happen to pick.
    I recommend that when you go house hunting you chat a bit with your potential future neighbours. They can give you a detailed description of the specific neighbourhood.
    I stayed in Woodstock road, years ago (a 10 mins walk from the station IIRC) and it was a very quiet and friendly neighbourhood. It seemed to me to be a rather good place to live. However, that was 20 years ago and I am not sure if that still applies.

WraithDukat likes this.