Any plans for a new enemy race? (potential spoilers for the fall)

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Agony_Boothb, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Agony_Boothb

Agony_Boothb Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Since the end of Destiny, I've been wondering if there are any plans to bring in a new adversary for the Federation. The various exploration missions announced at the end of The Fall got me thinking about what might be found out there in the great unknown. What wonders are waiting, what threats are lurking?

It's not that i think the Federation should get involved in a huge conflict again, but i would like space to become frightening again. So' i'm wondering, writers if there are any plans to introduce a new threat?

2. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

I wish this had been asked last Monday, so I could answer with "the Daleks" on April 1...

3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd love to see the Grigari return. They were quite terrifying, insanely destructive and incredibly powerful. Like a sleeping giant at the edge of the Beta Quadrant, awoken in The War of the Prophets, but in Novelverse Prime they're still out there, slumbering.

4. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

We already have the Typhon Pact, and we don't know what development the Goeg Domain took in the long run. Moreover, anything weird might jump out of the Axis of Time.

5. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Since Disney is shutting down the Star Wars expanded universe, I think the Yuuzhan Vong are looking for work.

6. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

What if the Federation makes formal/public first contact with another Temporal Cold War enemy? Like the Na'kuhl?

7. Deranged Nasat

Deranged Nasat Vice Admiral Admiral

What if Ishan Anjar had turned out to be Nom Anor in disguise? Food for thought... :p

8. CaptainDonovin

CaptainDonovin Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have one idea but am saving that for myself. What are the Wraith doing these days?

9. Agony_Boothb

Agony_Boothb Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

To borrow from a thread over in sci-fi, maybe the Galactic Empire can show up. :lol:

I'd really like to ask what people would like to see in a new villain race but i'm worried that would be bordering on story ideas.

10. CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Maybe they'll find the Nebari lurking about...

11. Deranged Nasat

The Risians, Deltans and Argelians are doomed, in that case. They'll all have the Nebari STD and be loyal supporters of the Establishment. ;)

12. David Mack

David Mack Writer Rear Admiral

One of Keiran Duffy's flashbacks in Wildfire, to a shore leave gone awry with Fabian Stevens, strongly hinted that they had been fleeced in a game of dom-jot by Chiana and Jool from Farscape, and that the ladies had absconded with their uniforms (which makes one wonder what use Aeryn and Crichton might have had for them, but that's another story).

13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Commander Red Shirt

You know, if the Klingons, led by a balls-to-the-wall Klag and Martok, were allowed to run riot on the Vong - that'd be worth reading!

14. Deranged Nasat

.... I never picked up on that.

I noticed KRAD's Zelbinion reference in Gateways, of course, but this one went straight over my head.

15. CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Nice.