Any DS9 Live-Action fan productions?

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Captain Randy Hall, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Captain Randy Hall

Captain Randy Hall Commodore Commodore

I was just looking over the weekly list for Trek fan productions and I noticed something I hadn't realized before. :vulcan:

There don't seem to be any live-action projects or animated productions continuing the adventures of the "red-headed stepchild" of Trek, Deep Space Nine. :alienblush:

I know there are a number of excellent audio productions done in that setting, including Star Trek: Defiant, but does anyone know of an animated or live-action effort on DS9? :bolian:

Perhaps the combined expenses of the elaborate sets on the station and alien make-up is enough to make such a project too daunting, but I'd still be interested in catching such DS9-related projects. :cardie:

Anyone out there making fan films of DS9? :confused:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  2. Picard Alpha

Picard Alpha Commander Red Shirt

The crew of the Starship Encarta visited DS9 sometime in 2377. The Starship Defiant was also featured as it attempted to help rescue Commander McKnight, however she was damaged and was ordered to return to port. Quark was also mentioned, however we never actually saw any DS9 interiors other than OPS on the viewscreen.

3. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

So many fan films employ green screen that the complexity of the sets would not be a stopper, nor would the make-up - Hidden Frontier, for example, handled all of that kind of stuff.

4. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

Most of the fan productions follow individuals and ships not central to Pro Series (Phase II and OGAM notwithstanding). So, what would a DS9 fan film look like? Would it take place on DS9, now under the control of a new captain, since Ben Sisko is now a wormhole alien? Would it follow Kira, or perhaps Quark's nephew's adventures as a Star Fleet Officer? Wouldn't he have made a great addition to a lost ship that had to bargain with aliens for goods and services? Think how useful he'd have been to Captain Janeway. Perhaps he is now serving under her ...

5. Captain Randy Hall

I'd forgotten about that. Thanks for the heads-up, Picard!

6. Captain Randy Hall

A very good starting place can be found in the DS9 novels produced under the guidance of DS9 fan/writer Marco Palmieri that picked up where the series ended TV. Anybody read those?

7. bionicbob

bionicbob Lieutenant Red Shirt

Starfleet Commander Kira appeared in Hidden Frontier and Sisko is in Odyssey.