Any DS9 fan fiction set in TNG "Parallels" universe?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Delta Belle, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Delta Belle

Delta Belle Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My apologies if this should have gone into the DS9 series forum.

In TNG's "Parallels", Worf finds himself jumping around from one parallel universe to another. When he figures out what's going on, he's in a universe where the Bajorans are the enemy. Here, Cardassia's attack on Bajor failed, turning the Bajorans into the aggressors.

I always thought it would have been interesting if Kira Nerys could have visited this universe, where her people are the oppressors and were never the oppressed. Has anyone seen a story about that?

Thanks.

2. hellsgate

hellsgate Commodore

Why not compose such a story yourself? I'd be more than happy to get you started on a tentative title. Would you have an approximate stardate (or season of DS9,) that you'd like to begin with?

Besides, you haven't considered all the options.

Kira's exposed to alien technology, during a science mission to the Gamma Quadrant to investigate a recently excavated Hur'q archeological site.

(The same Hur'q insectoids from "Star Trek: Invasion",)

She has an accidental exposure to unrestrained iconian gateway technology. As a result of inadvisably tampering with (rather tenuously-understood,) debris left strewn in pieces in one of the Hurq's badly-pummeled engineering labs in the Gamma Quadrant, it sends Kira fluctuating through a variety of quantum "alternate realities".

[*] A simple Borg attack after Cardassia stretches itself too thin (going after either the Dominion and / or Bajoran Resistance at the same time,) & makes itself too susceptible to betrayal & collapse from within, or attack from The Maquis, Starfleet, the Klingons or The Romulans.

[*] Kira's in the process of being assimilated but the Queen decides to screw with Kira's mind to determine the best way to break her in & make her docile/obedient. The whole story becomes a mildly twisted version of "Unimatrix One".

If you'd like, I'll post it on my anthology website ("Star Trek: New Worlds").

http://www.geocities.com/trekwriter31/FanFic.html

Here's an idea.

"Star Trek: DS9"
    "It Might've Been...."

3. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

actually, the Bajorans became aggressors after kicking the Cardassians out. they'd been occupied, but became more nasty after the liberation.

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Or maybe the whole thing happened in reverse in that universe - Bajor had invaded and occupied Cardassia.

5. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

that's not the way it was explained in dialogue in "Parallels", it was clearly stated that they became more aggressive after the Occupation ended.

6. Delta Belle

Delta Belle Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^^^
    Thanks. It's been ages since I've seen the episode.

7. USS Fardell

USS Fardell Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

From memory this is the dialogue I heard in 'Parallels'

Enterprise shakes from the Bajoran's attack.
    "Bajorans?" Worf asks.
    "Since they have overthrown the Cardassian Empire, they have become more and more aggressive" Riker says.

Not conclusive either way, it could be they weren't occupied, and as a result later took on the Cardassians.
    or it could be they overthrew the Cardassians after the Occupation.
    (Or possibly took their rebellion to Cardassia Prime itself, overthrowing Central Command and the Obsidian Order directly, it could still be the Cardassian Union, only under Bajoran control, and being ruled from Bajor)

8. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

All the episode actually said was "After the Bajorans overpowered the Cardassians, they became increasingly aggressive". It didn't mention the actual occupation, if there was one in that universe.

9. Gojirob

Gojirob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This is a short, somewhat humorous take on the subject :

The Ex-Incursion
    by Gojirob

Parallel Universe, 2370

The Bajoran Ship 'Orb Of The Temple' had a mutiny on its hands.

"Gul Winn, we must withdraw!"

Seeking election to the Legate Council, Gul Winn Adami was not one for hearing this.

"Do you concur with Major Kira's treasonous view, Sergeant Ro?"

"I'm afraid I have to, Gul. When it was just Enterprise we were facing, it was one thing. But now...well, look for yourself."

She did look, and in that way she had, somehow she did it without truly seeing at all.

"None of that matters. Is this the sort of spirit that placed the Cardassians under our boots, instead of the other way round? No. It is weakness. Now, I was told to make this border incursion, to show the Federation where NOT to place its spy array. I have yet to destroy that thing, and nothing short of the revealed will of the Prophets will either move me or Central Command so long as it stands. I should clap you both in..."

Kira fired her weapon, and was able to get away with it, merely because Winn could not believe she would. Ro shrugged as Kira pushed her out of the center seat.

"Great. Now what about Central Command? Sacred borders, Greater Bajor, revealed will of the Prophets, and all?"

Kira ordered the ship underway, and out of that sector as soon as possible.

"I wouldn't worry, Laren. It may just be my opinion, but I think I can convince Central Command that the sudden appearance of nearly 300,000 Galaxy-Class ships IS the revealed will of the Prophets."

The Bajoran Union sued for peace later that day, despite Federation assurances of a now-sealed temporal rift. The Argus Array suffered an unrelated cascade failure. The next one was built without so much as a peep from any of the other powers.