Any Discovery panel or news planned for the STAR TREK VEGAS Convention?

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by Shalashaska, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Shalashaska

Shalashaska Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Starts August 3, ends August 7.

I was half-expecting to hear casting news at Comic-Con, and if not there, at least here at the official Las Vegas 50th Anniversary convention.

Nobody's even talking about it though. Anything I missed? Or are we just going to have to wait longer?

2. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

San Diego Comic Con July 2016 was just the start of the info fed by the CBS Interactive (the division CBS All Access is in) marketing machine. I think they still didn't want people to not be focused on Star Trek Beyond so the good stuff will saved for August.
    I think at each of the below events and dates is when major information will come out:

Las Vegas Convention August 3-7
    The biggest convention this year and the big actors from the series will be here. Major announcements.

August 12-14
    Official Star Trek Convention – Minneapolis
    Hyatt Regency – Minneapolis, MN

September 2nd-4th (Labor Day Weekend)
    Star Trek: Mission New York
    https://www.startrekmissions.com/Events/
    that would be this week August 2-4 approximately...

September 9-11
    Official Star Trek Convention – Chicago
    Westin O’Hare – Rosemont, IL

October 7-9
    Destination Star Trek Europe
    NEC Birmingham – Birmingham, England

December 9-11
    Official Star Trek Convention – San Francisco
    Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport – Burlingame, CA
    this being the last Official Star Trek Convention of the year and about a month before ST: Discovery preview happens and visual effects much closer to completion for the preview premiere episode.
    I would expect a proper trailer (length: 1 minute including titles and graphics) for the premiere episode here and immediately put up by CBS on Twitter/Facebook/Youtube/Startrek.com /CBS app homepage.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they closed this convention with a teaser trailer for the 1st season lasting 45 seconds to 1 minute but CBS did not put it up immediately and cameraphones put it out on the Internet via Periscope and Facebook Live.

January 9-15, 2017
    Star Trek: The Cruise
    Events & Activities
    I would think there will be a extended trailer and maybe the first 5 minutes of the show of the premiere episode here for these guests (FYI SOLD OUT). I am guessing that CBS Consumer products licensed this but the timing is probably a week or two before the CBS preview of the premiere episode.
    They want people to watch the preview on CBS so not too much would be given away. I think this is the last event to build buzz before the CBS broadcast.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016