Anthony Montgomery on General Hospital

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Ar-Pharazon, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

For any Travis Mayweather fans:

Anna Yolei and Mur like this.
  2. Lucky

Lucky Captain Captain

I love General Hospital. Watch it every day. I highly recommend it, and the day Anthony Montgomery starts is the day of the Liz/Jake wedding, which is sure to be an explosive event.

To sum it up, Jason and Sam were married, but he got shot and fell into the harbor. Everyone believed him dead. He was really alive though and held by the evil Cassadines. He escaped, but before he could get back to his family, he was run over. He was horribly disfigured and had plastic surgery, making him unrecognizable to everyone. And he had amnesia too. He started going by the name Jake. After getting out of the hospital he entered into a relationship with Liz. Liz soon learned from her friend Nikolas Cassadine that Jake was really Jason. Liz decided to keep this info to herself since she always loved Jason, and she knew she'd lose him to Sam if the truth came out. Sam, meanwhile, has been dating Dr. Patrick Drake and is engaged to him. But Jake and Sam have been getting closer, and he has asked for her help in finding out his true identity before his wedding (Sam's a PI). The wedding is set for November 6, and it looks like it will be one to remember.

A couple other actors on there have sci-fi connections. Dominic Zamprogna (Dante) played Jammer in BSG. William deVry (Julian) was Aldwin on Stargate SG-1. Kirsten Storms (Maxie) was Zenon from the Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century films. Rick Hearst (Ric) was Brian in Frank Henenlotter's Brain Damage.

3. JWPlatt

JWPlatt Commodore Commodore

So wait, Jason Moore/Quartermain/Morgan, who had brain damage and amnesia in a car accident with his brother AJ, is now recursively amnesiatic Jake and forgets who he forgot he was in yet another car accident? Oh, the horror! The hilarity! Couldn't they just have run him over with a truck this time instead of a car to be slightly more original? Or were they going for the pure humor of history repeating itself like a Captain Picard rag doll?

4. Ar-Pharazon

I definitely know about Dominic being in BSG, I've done a couple rewatches of BSG in the last 2 years and he was onscreen enough to recognize.

Yeah, any trope, no matter how derivative or cheesy, can be reused ad nauseam on a soap. Amnesia, known to be dead, etc.

It'll be interesting to see Anthony in something other than Enterprise. I don't watch enough TV to have seen him in anything else he might've done.

5. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

OMG I'm laughing so hard, this is GOLD [​IMG] Soap opera recaps, there is no better entertainment.

I was quite passionate about All My Children back in the day. Good times, good times.

Happy to hear about Anthony's new gig too :techman:

Anna Yolei likes this.
  6. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

General Hospital has produced well over thirteen thousand episodes, not reproducing basic concepts at this point would be impossible.

7. JWPlatt

They have not launched a terraforming mission to Mars yet to spread discord across a new planet. And, as far as I know, no extraterrestrials yet.

Proposition disproven.

8. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Port Charles launching a terraforming mission to Mars is currently a technological no start, and I would have to check before conceding the "no extraterrestrial yet."

9. JWPlatt

And launching global weather remote control isn't a technological no start?

10. arch101

arch101 Commodore Commodore

I just hope Montgomery gets more than one line per ep.

11. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Cassadine money.

12. Amy Grugan

Amy Grugan Ensign Red Shirt

He is indeed and a longer term love interest.

13. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Soaps can't afford bit players. They give their actors hundreds of lines per episode whether or not they can actually deliver them. :p

Anna Yolei likes this.
  14. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Anthony Montgomery was nominated for a Daytime Emmy. I guess that's what happens when you actually give the guy something to do. One episode of a soap opera probably gave him more to do than an entire month's worth of Enterprise scripts.

15. Ar-Pharazon

He's had some really good scenes, and with my absolute favorite Finola Hughes.

16. It'sMe

It'sMe Ensign Red Shirt

I watch both shows and didn't even realize he was the same actor until I saw this. The actor has matured well.

Anna Yolei likes this.