And the Next Cancelled Show is...

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Guy Gardener, Oct 4, 2014.

1. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Netflix is boosting its rates up again. :mad:
    "Updating prices to bring you more"

What utter bullshit. The truth is they're hemorrhaging membership and their raising rates to stop the bleed. I might cancel soon myself. Getting tired of being squeezed.

2. wayoung

wayoung Commodore Commodore

Honestly, right now Netflix is the service I'd drop. I was considering dropping it awhile ago but I was on the grandfathered rate plan, and if I cancelled and returned I'd lose it. Now I don't know if they're even doing that anymore I'll have to check my next bill.

Edit to add: Amazon you get all the benefits of Prime including free shipping and Amazon music. Crave comes free with my internet, and I traded my Crave pass for a Disney pass. Netflix is expensive, has shit original movies, has less 3rd party movies & TV than ever thanks to the proliferation of new services, and even it's decent shows never last past season 3 unless they're a flagship production.

3. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah I just dropped Netflix too after 15+ years of having it. If there's something I really want to watch, I might buy one month a year or something.

4. Jayson1

Jayson1 Admiral Admiral

But not before you watch MacGruber.

1001001 likes this.
  5. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

6. Jayson1

Jayson1 Admiral Admiral

I liked Black Monday but it had started to run out of good story IMO so I am fine with this.

7. wayoung

wayoung Commodore Commodore

Black Monday was decent but really seems like it was a show that should have been a limited series that they kept stretching out because, hey, if the network's gonna pay for it, why not? Let's give everyone some jobs (not a criticism).

8. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles Lord Nimon Moderator

In a new interview with SFX magazine, Patrick Stewart has confirmed that the third season of Star Trek: Picard will be its last. (sauce)

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  9. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

In a siege, other than surrender, you got three choices, lock the gates and wait, fight the invaders on the ramparts, or open the gates and fight on your front yard.

10. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

But did anyone seriously think we'd get more than that? Three sounds about right for this kind of followup series.

11. Jayson1

Jayson1 Admiral Admiral

I agree. It was something that should have ended after season 1 which was when it was dealing with the stock market crash.

12. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

Your post has nudged me into trying Amazon's 7-day trial. Earlier today I was scrolling through Netflix and was resigned to watching Seinfeld.

There are Netflix originals I enjoy like Cobra Kai and Sex Education, but the vast, vast majority of their content I have zero interest in. Prices keep sneaking up and I see Amazon would be nearly a third of what I pay. Whether I'm convinced or convince the rest of the household remains to be seen, but my partner's eyes lit up when she saw Supernatural.

13. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Pat will wander off.

They'll rebrand.

Star Trek: Seven.

spinnerlys likes this.
  14. N-121973

N-121973 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

And in the halls of MIdnight's Edge and Friday Night Tights there was much rejoicing and saying of I told you so.

Kai "the spy" likes this.
  15. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

More to the point, three seasons is what was originally announced. It was only recently people started getting the idea in their heads that there could be more seasons.

auntiehill likes this.
  16. Jayson1

Jayson1 Admiral Admiral

It will likely spin-off into a Seven of Nine show. At least that is my theory.

17. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

A Sirena show minus Picard and any of the other characters that don't survive. I'd be down for that.

18. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

Netflix should have brought themselves a studio.

19. Relayer1

Relayer1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Alec Peters may know of one that's available...

20. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Beauty and the Beast (live-action) prequel pulled at Disney+ right before they were getting ready to start, and days after they made a major casting announcement.

One Million Moms is probably taking credit for it.