And the Next Cancelled Show is...

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Guy Gardener, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Jayson1

Jayson1 Admiral Admiral

His next big gig will be God Protect Santa. The latest Kirk Cameron movie about a Santa Klaus actor fired from a Mall because the store doesn't tolerate any of that silly Christian stuff. All he wants to do is please God by making children happy but the cruel agnostic world of modern day just want allow it. But hey it's a salary and everyone else is staying away from him with a 10 foot pole.

2. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

After he went full-blown QAnon, Jim Caviezel is more likely to end up doing movies with Kevin Sorbo, Dean Cain and Kirk Cameron than Michael Weatherly is.

Enterprise is Great likes this.
  3. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll never forgive Kevin Sorbo for ruining Andromeda. From what I understand, it doesn't get made without him, but everything after he successfully got Robert Hewitt Wolfe fired is hard to watch.

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  4. Jayson1

Jayson1 Admiral Admiral

The Sorbo thing is frustrating because Sorbo had a chance to stretch maybe as a actor and he just wanted to do bad sci-fi cliche stuff. He though he could capture the spirit of Hercules on the how I guess but Hercules was another thing and Hercules worked because it was suppose to be sort of dumb fun.

5. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

And SEAL Team is... to be decided on whether it gets another year.

6. Aragorn

Peacock cancels The Lost Symbol after one season. Peacock might need to merge with another streamer to survive.

7. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Wait...the first season already came out? Goes to show much I was paying attention to that silliness. :lol:

8. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This reminds me of a stink I wanted to raise about Peacock.

I was very disappointed with the service after subbing then discovering the hundred years of Universal movies I expected to be on there was not there.

I know, it's on me for not checking thoroughly but I thought it would be the home of Universal content.

To their credit, I like their new, new Universal movie release plan starting this year.

I am still considering if I will shut the paid sub off after only one month, or not.

9. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[​IMG]
    All these studios thinking we should pay a premium to watch things that are barely on the level of what we used to watch for free with an antenna (and sometimes, in the case of Office reruns, etc., we actually did watch for free) is ridiculous.

10. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Peacock does have a free option

11. Aragorn

These streaming services make more money getting other streaming services to rent their catalog titles.

12. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Can peacocks even swim?

Guy Gardener likes this.
  13. Aragorn

American Rust canceled after one season.

14. Owain Taggart

What service was that on? My Mom loved the book and I think she would have been interested in the series. I think the problem with a lot of these services and series is a lack of good promotion. Too often, the cancellation comes before we've heard of them.

15. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

after how badly they bungled the olympic coverage last year I'm not giving them another penny, nor even using the free option. it was REALLY bad.

16. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles EAT FARTS Moderator

It was on Showtime.

17. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

I didn't watch it, but do remember Jeff Daniels promoting it in a few places. I just assumed it was a one off/miniseries/single season prestige show.

18. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

It turned into Dylan Hunt makes quips and gets the girl. Everything that made it interesting was stripped away.

We are going to reach a tipping point where there will be so many streaming services that they will either have to merge or work with cable providers to create packages of them. It's the way the cable landscape is going.

19. Owain Taggart

I think it's already happening in certain markets. Not every market can sustain multiple services depending on the size of that market. Smaller ones have less services and more consolidation, which is why some markets are more fragmented about where they're streaming things. Crave in Canada for instance gives you access to HBO, HBO Max, Showtime & Starz programming.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
    The Nth Doctor likes this.
  20. Aragorn

The logical place to go is Apple. Apple's original programming is far superior to Peacock's, and then Apple gets WWE wrestling, NBC sports, plus Universal movies and the NBC back catalog.