And the Boys of the Enterprise hold the lead...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by SFRabid, Jun 18, 2009.

1. SFRabid

SFRabid Commodore Commodore

I got an email from CreationEnt about Private Parties up for auction at the upcomming VegasCon. I'll avoid posting my negative thoughts about this new marketing ploy. What I do find interesting is the results of the auctions so far. There are 7 parties scheduled. One is with the boys of the Enterprise; Trinneer, Keating and Montgomery. I checked each auction and things are not going well. The seven auctions allow 9 winners each. So far there are a total of 17 bids across the 7 auctions. Our boys account for six of those bids. That is twice as many as the second place auctions for Zachary Quinto and Roxann Dawson. They have 3 each. Some don't have any.

So despite a comment by another promoter the Enterprse cast seems to do well against other series. But, I'm seeing this private party thing an overall flop. 8 hours to go and not even close to a sell out.

Go Enterprise. :techman:

2. frenchman

frenchman Commander Red Shirt

that means that on 9 seats, 6 people have won the auction, that's it?

3. SFRabid

So far. The Linda Park auction ended with only one bid. That is better than the Shimermanand Auberjonis gathering. No bids with 15 min to go.

4. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Well, of course they are. Enterprise is better than it ever got credit for!

ETA: You going to Vegas this year, SFRabid? I'll be sticking closer to home... Parsippany, N.J. I'll be able to DRIVE!

5. SFRabid

I thought about it but while I enjoyed the event I don't care for Vegas in August. A few months ago I considered New Jersey as an alternative. Right now I am watching CreationEnt for auctions. If they put a front row seat up for auction at either location I will consider bidding. The price would have to be a good one. I bought a newly constructed house in October. Every month I am writing a big check for something. This months it is landscaping. I had no idea that bushes, top soil, grass seed and tree removal cost so much! :eek:

I may be vacationing in my back yard and reading your posts on the NJ Con while imagining that I am there.

6. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Sorry we won't be able to have a meet-up! I myself am taking early retirement the end of July. When I leave work for the last time on July 30, I'll head for Parsippany! Mmmm.... Connor....

BTW, that reminds me ... I almost died laughing when I saw mention of my magnificient collection CT pictures in one of your recent caption contest entries... tho' I will say, I don't have nearly as many beefcake shots as you think!

7. Middleman

Middleman Captain Captain

I plan on being in Parsippany as well attending with my daughter that day. Hopefully we'll get a chance to say hello.

8. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

:cool: I have a gold ticket and my seat for forums is D15. Probably easiest way to find me.