An interview with Shran - Jeffrey Combs

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by commodore64, Oct 13, 2007.

1. commodore64

commodore64 Vice Admiral Admiral

http://www.411mania.com/movies/columns/61033/411-Movies-Interview:-Jeffrey-Combs.htm

Awww, Jeffrey rocks! I love Shran.

2. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Perhaps it would have been better for ENT if Scott had been a producer rather than lead actor.

3. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Cool interview. He's quite rightly proud of his work in the franchise. Sounds like Combs would've had a ball if Manny's plan to make Shran an ENT regular ever came to fruition.

4. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

Thanks for this--great interview! I adore Jeff Combs. He does commentary on the new DVD of "From Beyond" that is just priceless.

I also zeroed in on what Jeff said about Scott Bakula. That made me smile. I have heard nothing but praise from other actors--from Dean Stockwell onward--about working with him.

5. commodore64

Nah. Jeffrey's comments were about Scott as an actor. :)

The lead actor, Scott in ENT's case, certainly sets the tone and establishes a criteria. I think Scott, who's won a Golden Globe, been nominated for an Emmy (I believe more than once) and up for some sci-fi fan awards was clearly hired for the right job.

6. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

From what I see, the closest he comes to talking about Scott's acting is the comment about coming to the set "prepared". Knowing which scenes are to be completed and knowing your lines is what I'd expect from all the actors including the little dog who played Porthos. Having a "good work ethic" ensures the aforementioned (knowing lines, scenes), is covered. I thought Jeffery pointedly didn't say anything demonstrably positive or negative about Scott's acting. He did what most do when asked about Bakula on ENT, talk about Scott's general nurturing demeanor and positive attitude rather than his acting, on ENT.

BTW, I believe all this is true about Scott. He probably was a very good leader on the ENT set as many have testified. It was in front of the cameras where the problems were.
    :) Of course Scott was lead actor on ENT, but unfortunately, none of the aforementioned occurred while he was on ENT.

7. commodore64

I thought he was great as the lead actor and in his role as Archer. I can't imagine another captain for ENT, and have chalked Archer up as my second favorite Star Trek character, right after Spock. He was complex, and Scott did a nice job of delivering that.

8. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Yeah, I liked that. Everyone seems to have loved Scott Bakula. Even the poster Morpheus (who we'll probably never know who he was) had great praise for Bakula. Its always great to hear these things (sometimes praise of fellow Trek actors isn't as common as one would like).