Alien 40th Anniversary Shorts

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Vger23, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Vger23

Vger23 Vice Admiral Admiral

Has anyone been watching these? I just fired them up in the dark in my home theater. They were frigging LEGIT. A couple made me jump so hard, I'm pretty sure I hurt something.

I'm actually really impressed with the "small story, low budget" approach of these, that perfectly captures the claustrophobia and horror of the original film. I am a big fan of the franchise (even enjoying Prometheus and Covenant), but these are probably some of the more enjoyable "Alien" stories produced in many years (decades?).

Here's a link to one of them, but there are several more:

https://www.ign.com/videos/2019/03/29/alien-40th-anniversary-short-film-containment

They're all available for free on IGN.

Alien: Containment
    Alien: Specimen
    Alien: Ore
    Alien: Night Shift

And I believe there are two more coming...

Check it out if you are a fan of the franchise. Let us know what you think!

2. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought Alone was kind of heartwarming in a fucked up and disturbing way.

Vger23 likes this.
  3. Vger23

Vger23 Vice Admiral Admiral

Agree...that one really fucked with your emotions in a weird and unsettling manner.

I'm actually surprised more people haven't commented on this. Maybe the Alien franchise just isn't a big deal to people when you've got genre gems like Green Lantern and Ant Man out there to debate??

I thought these shorts did an amazingly good job at capturing the look/feel/tone of the original film. Very nice homages to the original. In some ways, they are superior to many of the major motion pictures that were sequels.