Aiming for the big leagues: An audition tape for "STAR TREK"

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Admiral Archer, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Admiral Archer

Admiral Archer Captain Captain

Hi guys! I'm probably having delusions of grandeur, but I want to put together an audition tape to see if I can play a part in one of the upcoming CBS All Access "Star Trek" shows! The problem is, I don't know who to audition for! I'm specifically aiming for "Strange New Worlds" as a live action character, be it a bit part or a guest star or even a major role (hey, I can dream, can't I?). Below is a selfie I took to give you an idea of what I look like, to inform you of which character I could pull off, and to help you help me decide who I should audition for. I can do a lot of different voices, though, so animation isn't out of the question (I've been doing Patrick Stewart voice impressions since I was a child LOL) but for now, let's focus on live action. Based on the selfie below, who can I convincingly audition for? NOTE: I may not be cast as that character, if I'm cast at all, this is just something to show the casting people at CBS to show off my acting chops. Let me know in the comments below who you think I could audition for! Thanks, and LLAP!

NOTE: This is NOT a professional headshot, just a selfie to give everyone an idea of what I look like and my potential! :)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2020
  2. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    You look like a small dot with a horizontal bar across it, so you'd probably be cast as a very tiny character (considering that my screen is set to magnify things so they're readable for me).

(Seriously, your picture isn't showing up for me.)

3. Admiral Archer

Oh no! I'm not sure how to fix it. Let me see if I can just post a link to my google photos.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yuhqeXDNeDQouwhh7

4. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    Okay, here's my first impression. I would not cast you as a Klingon, because you look like a very cheerful person and Klingons aren't cheerful.

My second impression... Bolian. For some reason you strike me as a cheerful Bolian. :bolian:

Admiral Archer likes this.
  5. Admiral Archer

YAY! I'm Mr. Mott! LOL :guffaw:

Timewalker likes this.
  6. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

I uploaded your picture to Imgur and put it in the first post for you to replace the broken image.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  7. Admiral Archer

Thanks! I appreciate it! :)

8. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm not sure how these casting calls and auditions work; if they are open to all submissions, or if you would need to go through a talent agency?

Kor

9. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

You'll need an agent first, or maybe send it to a casting agent, if you can find out which one is casting for the show.