Admiral Archer's Cardboard and Papercraft sets!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Admiral Archer, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Admiral Archer

Admiral Archer Captain Captain

Due to the success of my "Star Trek: The Motion Picture Bridge papercraft" thread, I decided to create a whole thread dedicated to my various cardboard works. I would like to start the thread by posting pictures of my latest project, which is Ambassador Picard's room on Vulcan from the comic book "Star Trek Countdown"! This particular project is not solely dependent on paper, but it features creative usage of most of the items I had laying around the house, including not just cardboard and paper, but also my Captain Picard action figure and a mini Enterprise-D which looks to match the model of the ship he had in the comic. There are two cardboard benches with brown paper draped over them as blankets, and I even created a light up fire pit in the center of the room. I also used green-screen to put a Vulcan cityscape in the windows. Future additions not yet added will include the little Bad Robot droid also seen in the comic! Enough of my blabbering, check out the pics for yourself!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Atolm

Atolm Commodore Commodore

Looking retty solid so far!

Admiral Archer likes this.
  3. Cyfa

Cyfa Commodore Commodore

These are so cool! The greenscreen's worked really well - Who would have thought that corrugated cardboard would be such a great match for Vulcan architecture?! Love the blanket-covered benches.

4. Admiral Archer

Sorry I haven't updated this in a while! I have a rough skeleton for a TMP-era refit Constitution-class Engine room that I'm working on, but I'm not sure how it will work out. I'll try to keep everyone posted on any and all updates! :)

5. Admiral Archer

UPDATE: This is FAR from the finished product (this project turned out to be VERY difficult) but here are some preliminary photos of my Star Trek TMP Refit Enterprise Engine Room papercraft, complete with a Mister Scott paper figure to scale!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A few notes:
    - The Engines are made of cardboard poster and paper towel tubes covered in paper with blue and teal designs drawn on them.
    - The Engine bases are Styrofoam bricks with circular holes. Can't remember where I got them, but I'm glad I found them!
    - The light fixture to the aft of the engine room is a light board standing on its side. I'm lucky my light board is so fat!
    - I wanted to show my Admiral Kirk and Mister Spock figures in the room with Scotty, but they are WAY too small.
    - Future additions will include: Warp Transfer Conduits, an engineering crew, and more control interfaces, as well as a back wall.

Spaceship Jo likes this.
  6. Admiral Archer

I hope I don't get in trouble for trying to ressurect this thread, but I have an update! It's not related to the TMP engine room (that project no longer exists, :( ) but this is my early attempt at creating a TOS Enterprise bridge station and command chair in 1/6 scale. It's only 50% done, as it still needs control panels on both armrests of the chair and on the bridge station, as well as the red accents that made the TOS Enterprise bridge so unique. But it's a start! :)[​IMG]

Spaceship Jo and Sibyl like this.
  7. Sibyl

Sibyl Caffeine Pill Popper Rear Admiral

I don't think you ever need to worry about resurrecting your own threads or projects. Besides, I've seen far older thread resurrected by others. :)

Will you be attempting Engineering again sometime, perhaps with a different method?

Great start on the TOS bridge!

Michael and Admiral Archer like this.
  8. Admiral Archer

Thanks!

Not sure about Engineering yet, but I do have the parts to rebuild it. :)

Sibyl likes this.
  9. Schimpfy

Schimpfy Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Is that the E-D from the Playmates DS9 set in your first couple pics with Picard?

10. Admiral Archer

Sure is!

I have some bad news. Due to some family drama, I was forced to move out of my former home, and now I no longer have access to any of my cardboard playsets. Maybe one day I'll be able to start fresh, but for now, I'm trying to recover from my losses (which included a beautiful diamond select TOS enterprise I was forced to leave behind :( )