Actor Noel Clarke accused of harrassment

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Gingerbread Demon, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

2. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

As I have seen others say online, we have to separate the character and the actor and stand with the victims.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    Markonian, TheAlmanac, Sci and 4 others like this.
  3. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That this happened in the same month as his BAFTA honor is strikingly ironic. I'm very disappointed.

4. Coops

Coops Captain Captain

Accused.

Ar-Pharazon, ED-209 and Starkers like this.
  5. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

By 20 women.

6. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If its one, its contended. If its two, eh, maybe, who knows.

Twenty? Done.

Sci, kirk55555 and Turtletrekker like this.
  7. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I think most rational people lean towards innocent until proven guilty but shit there is a lot of evidence there, yes some anonymous but plenty of women are happy to put their name to the accusations. Looks like the journalists have done a huge amount of work and uncovered abusive behaviour going back a very long time.

The depressing thing is that he isn't come kind of outlier.

8. Coops

Coops Captain Captain

Oh, really? I didn't know that. Having said that, as with all of these cases, it always depresses me how quick people are to launch online messages similar to that I've already seen stating how they 'never liked him in <insert TV show/movie>' as if that were in anyway related to current events.

9. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Twitter is reminding us to say- Just wait til they get round to remembering Barrowman's famed predilection for getting his cock out on set and waving it around to corpse people. (We'll see how far the "well it isn't an assault on the ladies cos I'm gay so wouldn't stick it in them" defence goes...) At least all the things I've heard about Barrowman are on the level of "offensive" but not "sociopathic misogynistic sexual predator exploiting his position to get laid and abuse people." (And if it turns out otherwise, then I shall change my view, of course). But the Twitterati smell blood in the water, so we can expect a feeding frenzy.

The Nth Doctor and Starkers like this.
  10. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

The what? The what? John Barrowman?

11. Bornin1980something

Bornin1980something Captain Captain

12. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Yeah heard many times how quick Barrowman is to drop his trousers but as you say it's more in the nature of "he's an arse" than he's a predator. Which doesn't mean he should do it, and it doesn't mean people shouldn't be offended. I always got the impression he and Eccleston didn't get on and wondered if his antics were part of this (Eccleston being a professional while Barrowman is a jolly jester)

13. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

When Eve Myles was at Shore Leave a few years ago, she happily and hilariously told a story about Barrowman patting her head "with his todger!" during the making of "Countryside."

I thought there were also stories of Barrowman and Tennant sitting around with their dicks out shooting the shit in thick Scottish accents during the filming of the Series 3 finale.

14. Lonemagpie

Yep

15. valkyrie013

valkyrie013 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Didn't read noel stuff. But jn general there's a difference between a sex pest, inappropriate jokes, and sexual harassment.
    Now if they said Stop, or No, then that's harassment.
    But even a joke or being a pest can go to far.
    All depends on the people.
    Some women like inappropriate jokes etc. But some really do not, so you have to "read the room" and decide if it's okay to play.
    Not condoning, just saying not every instance is the same. Every one should be believed and investigated.

16. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Damn. This is extremely disappointing since I've always admired him and his work and not just with Doctor Who.

I read large portions of the Guardian article until it became too overwhelming and damming. There is a lot of evidence that his disgusting behavior has been pervasive for a long time. I would've believed the allegations even if it was from just one woman, but it's absolutely horrible to see it coming from 20 women. And it's probably not just them; they're just the ones who had the courage to speak up now.

17. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

there's a video from a discussion panel a few years ago where ironically Noel Clarke goes into detail about how often JB got his todger out, and apparently he flopped it onto Camille Coduri's shoulder while she was in the makeup chair!

18. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I admit I've heard stories about Barrowman's behavior (although this is the first time I've read that Eve Myles account) and turned a blind eye to it.

But this is the first time I've ever heard even a whiff of anything about Tennant. Can you elaborate on the veracity of that claim?

19. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Myles' telling of the story was very, very funny, and she also said he'd whip it out at the drop of a hat.

The circumstances of Barrowman patting Myles' head "with his todger!" -- you never forget Eve Myles saying that -- were these.

There were in rural Wales filming "Countryside," and it was miserable and cold, and Myles' outfit wasn't especially warm, so she was freezing. Barrowman, with that heavy coat Captain Jack wears, was toasty as a clam, and he took pity on her. "C'mon, get under my coat," and he opened up his coat, and she kneeled down so she was between his legs with her head poking out. She thought this was nice and cozy, especially when Barrowman started patting her on her head... until she realized he was doing it not with his hand but "with his todger!"

I don't recall exactly, it's been twelve-plus years since I heard the tale. I seem to recall a dick size contest was also involved. Possibly related, Billie Piper's nickname for Tennant was reportedly "Ten Inch."

20. Lonemagpie

There was a picture of Tennant nude in a play some years ago, wearing only a policeman's helmet, which suggests his nickname is either ironic or purely purely on the pronunciation of the surname... Or both. (Also of course, dick measuring in season 3 would not be something Billie Piper would have witnessed anyway)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021