Acting decisions

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by commodore64, Sep 28, 2009.

1. commodore64

commodore64 Vice Admiral Admiral

One of the topics here made me think about choices I thought the actors really nailed. Like, if I'd read the script it could've gone many ways, but the way they chose was golden ... if not surprising.

* Phlox's reaction to Trip's interest/confusion over three people mating to have a baby: "I have pictures!"
    * T'Pol's slow breakdown in Impulse, starting with her freaking out so incredibly - awesome
    * Trip in the Expanse - I love vengeful Trip and am bummed we didn't get to see more of him
    * Reed in Shuttlepod One - he made that episode
    * Archer in Damage where and Phlox are talking about things they regretted

You have favs?

2. SFRabid

SFRabid Commodore Commodore

You hit a lot of mine, but I will the dialog between Phlox and Trip concerning Phlox's wife.

3. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Connor did a great job creating a NoTrip character in "Similitude." Favorite scene was Sim's direct, albeit shy, admission to T'Pol how he feels about her.

Another scene I really liked with Connor is in "Proving Ground." Shran offers his condolences and for a fleeting instant, Trip winces (watch Connor's eyes) before responding. The whole scene, brief as is was, was beautifully acted by Connor and Jeffrey and it's another one of my favorites.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  4. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I definitely agree about the expanse Connor & Scott did a great job when he talks with Archer about wanting vengence when it came to the xindi.That was a powerful scene. Trip & T'Pol in The Forgotten when he asks about the xindi attack and if Degra enjoyed watching it.That sceen all the actors really nailed that scene.You could feel Trip's anger in that scene. Also the end scene where he finally breaks down over his sister's death Connor & Jolene made that scene very real when it came to trip's grief and when she comforts him over his sister's loss.